Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you save over saves by mistake?

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Initially, I never had one but accessing the situation with our power supply, it became paramount that I must own one in order to save myself a lot of stress. 

Yes you should buy a UPS as soon as possible. The cost of a UPS is hardly 50 dollars. But if your hardware is damaged, that may cost you more than $100 to repair, you will also loose all your imp files. I would strongly advise you to have a power backup in priority.

36 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Yes you should buy a UPS as soon as possible. The cost of a UPS is hardly 50 dollars. But if your hardware is damaged, that may cost you more than $100 to repair, you will also loose all your imp files. I would strongly advise you to have a power backup in priority.

Yeah, I already got it. For the record I have 2 UPS now actually. It was back then when I was 20 that I never had UPS because I couldn't afford it then. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, I already got it. For the record I have 2 UPS now actually. It was back then when I was 20 that I never had UPS because I couldn't afford it then. 

These days we are having a built-in UPS inside the CPU. That's really awsome as you don't have to give extra space for the UPS. The price is little bit costlier though. 😊

Get back to the topic, have you ever been in a situation where you are just about to save the game, but due to sudden hang of the system all your progress is lost. That had happened quite often when I had i3 3rd gen processor which was outdated for most of the high end games. 😆

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

These days we are having a built-in UPS inside the CPU. That's really awsome as you don't have to give extra space for the UPS. The price is little bit costlier though. 😊

Get back to the topic, have you ever been in a situation where you are just about to save the game, but due to sudden hang of the system all your progress is lost. That had happened quite often when I had i3 3rd gen processor which was outdated for most of the high end games. 😆

Anyone who calls himself or herself a good gamer and that never happened to such person isn't really playing well enough. It's happened to me at least 4 times. 

Not that often actually. I tend to mostly play multiplayer games so that means I don't really have to manually save my games too often. And when I do play single-player games, I don't really have different save files so overriding the old save files doesn't affect me at all. 

5 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Once back in 2000 or so, I played about 14 hours of GT2 and almost overheated my PlayStation and didn't get to save.  I was in the wrong for not saving all day, but I was pissed.

Seriously, 14 straight long hours of play is an over kill for me. I'm definitely not going to do that no matter how good the games is. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, 14 straight long hours of play is an over kill for me. I'm definitely not going to do that no matter how good the games is. 

Yeah, that must have been an addictive game for sure. When initially I fell in love with NFS series, I too played almost 10 hours a day. I remember the excitement playing those games then, that has been lost over time. Such nostalgic moments. 😊

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, that must have been an addictive game for sure. When initially I fell in love with NFS series, I too played almost 10 hours a day. I remember the excitement playing those games then, that has been lost over time. Such nostalgic moments. 😊

Seriously, there is no amount of love that I have for any video games that would get me hooked up for such long hours. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, there is no amount of love that I have for any video games that would get me hooked up for such long hours. 

Actually if you ask me now, I would give the same answer as yours. There was a time when I loved playing games, and was really addicted exploring new worlds. That interest and enthusiasm has slowly eradicated with time. Now a days, I only play around 4 to 5 hours in the weekend. 😊