Register Now
Patrik

Unskippable cutscenes, yay or nay?

Unskippable cutscenes are sort of okay when you are playing a game for the first game, but let's say for example, you failed a mission and you are repeating it, it's not a must to watch that cutscene.

Being able to skip a cutscene that you saw already is a rare feature in games unfortunately.

Does the absence of this feature annoy you as well?

I really like that the cutscenes are based on your ongoing quests and completed quests and draw from your attributes/skills/stats. And since it's randomized you don't get repeat cutscenes (there are known [repeat cutscene] bugs though). It's true that the cutscenes get worse with the age of the account but overall I'm a big fan of whatever algorithm the devs use to produce 'em. 

But having them tooooo long, NARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

11 hours ago, Empire said:

there are known [repeat cutscene] bugs though

this occurs mostly when people are "dupping" (speedrunning term) missions, you are basically skipping missions by playing a single mission lot of times, it gets weird xD 

For a first time play through I kind of get it. It eliminates the possibility of skipping a scene by accident and missing something. Having said that it's still always better to give gamers the choice.

6 minutes ago, Shagger said:

For a first time play through I kind of get it. It eliminates the possibility of skipping a scene by accident and missing something. Having said that it's still always better to give gamers the choice.

This is kind of what I was thinking.  It can be incredibly annoying when you're doing something really difficult (that involves dying and retrying over and over again) and you have to repeatedly watch a really long cutscene or two every time you die.

15 hours ago, Steerminator said:

This is kind of what I was thinking.  It can be incredibly annoying when you're doing something really difficult (that involves dying and retrying over and over again) and you have to repeatedly watch a really long cutscene or two every time you die.

My sentiments exactly - imagine watching that cutscene so many times that you can actually recite it word for word and even sound like the various characters in that scene...