Register Now
killamch89

How do you make yourself sleep when you can’t seem to get to sleep?

Get someone in your household to get a sledgehammer and pong you with it 😛 

If it's too warm for me then going to make it harder to sleep as I dislike the warmness and also time I get to sleep it's 3am and after watching films in bed at night your eyes go flip on you.

I've had insomnia my entire life. It stems from being too scared to sleep as a child in anticipation of being beat in the middle of the night. I didn't just have to endure it during the day.

So these days I take a melatonin to get to sleep and Ambien to stay asleep.

On 6/19/2021 at 11:27 AM, The Blackangel said:

I've had insomnia my entire life. It stems from being too scared to sleep as a child in anticipation of being beat in the middle of the night. I didn't just have to endure it during the day.

So these days I take a melatonin to get to sleep and Ambien to stay asleep.

I'm sorry to hear that - I somewhat had a similar thing where I'm a very light sleeper because I grew up in a very violent community where deep sleep could mean death so the slightest unusual noise always awakes me. If so much as the AC makes a slightly unusual humming sound even for a second my eyes automatically open and I'm fully alert.

Well that's a fantastic question.  These days I've been looking for ways to help me sleep better.  A lot of times I'm afraid to just lie in bed and close my eyes because I'm afraid of anxiety and fear inducing thoughts that may come to me, so I lie there and look at stuff on my phone until I pass out.

A lot of times I take Benadryl a half hour or an hour before trying to sleep.  Sometimes I drink some wine (not mixed with benadryl or any other drugs) if I'm really desperate for sleep.  Occasionally I try meditating.

The kid jumping over the railing (approximately 1:30 in the video) reminds me of when I fell. I was loading up on the lift to a disability van I used to have. It had lifted me up. The last thing I remember was being on the lift. The next thing I knew I was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. I had somehow rolled off the back and fell over 6' onto the asphalt below. My head hit the ground so hard I was knocked out instantly. The rascal I was on almost landed directly on me. From what I was told, people were freaking out, and airport staff even came running. It's a tiny little local airport, so they were able to see it easily. The shocking thing was that I didn't get a concussion or any broken bones. Maybe I'm some form of indestructible, I don't know.

Edited by The Blackangel

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The kid jumping over the railing (approximately 1:30 in the video) reminds me of when I fell. I was loading up on the lift to a disability van I used to have. It had lifted me up. The last thing I remember was being on the lift. The next thing I knew I was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. I had somehow rolled off the back and fell over 6' onto the asphalt below. My head hit the ground so hard I was knocked out instantly. The rascal I was on almost landed directly on me. From what I was told, people were freaking out, and airport staff even came running. It's a tiny little local airport, so they were able to see it easily. The shocking thing was that I didn't get a concussion or any broken bones. Maybe I'm some form of indestructible, I don't know.

I'm glad you made it out of that with no serious injuries - being a vegetable is even worse. You'd be basically dead in that state...