Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you bond around gaming with school friends growing up?

Definitely - I became friends with some kids because we all used to play Pokemon for the GBA and we had Pokebattles all the time (which I won all the time or any team I was on). As a matter of fact, some of those kids are the same ones I play GTA V online with.

I went to an IT oriented high school, (not VGS) so of course everything was about gaming. But online gaming didn't exist yet back then, it only started to emerge as I was leaving HS. So everything was offline. We had several quake tournaments at the school.

8 hours ago, m76 said:

I went to an IT oriented high school, (not VGS) so of course everything was about gaming. But online gaming didn't exist yet back then, it only started to emerge as I was leaving HS. So everything was offline. We had several quake tournaments at the school.

We also had quake and halo tournaments at school and online back in the early 2000s - it was a fun time on the internet without all the toxic crap.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:13 PM, m76 said:

Wow, that sounds amazing. We didn't had that much of technological equipments in our schools. So, most of the time we used to play physical sport events. That was fun though. But I really wish I could have joined such quack and Halo tournaments. Must've been mesmerizing experience. 😊

10 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Wow, that sounds amazing. We didn't had that much of technological equipments in our schools. So, most of the time we used to play physical sport events. That was fun though. But I really wish I could have joined such quack and Halo tournaments. Must've been mesmerizing experience. 😊

Yeah it was fun and the best part was teachers were unaware we even installed the games on the school machines and we played them when they weren't around.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, killamch89 said:

We also had quake and halo tournaments at school and online back in the early 2000s - it was a fun time on the internet without all the toxic crap.

I would sometimes lurk on car and racing forums in the early and mid 2000's and nothing was really that toxic, it really was a better time.

19 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I would sometimes lurk on car and racing forums in the early and mid 2000's and nothing was really that toxic, it really was a better time.

And you weren't censored nearly as much - it's in the early 2010s that the toxic internet behavior started appearing and around 2015 when it really started taking root.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:56 AM, Family sedan said:

I remember Car Domain in the mid 2000's.  Sometimes cars would get dissed, but not that often.

Oh man! Those days were awesome. Have you guys ever played Road rash? That's the game I was crazy for at that time. I remember, I used to go to my neighborhood every evening to play that game on their PC. I didn't had my own PC at that time. 😊

Edited by Razor1911