Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

Weekly catch up with everyone - how's the week been so far although we're just at Wednesday. So here's a hilarious one - I've suddenly developed an allergic reaction to mangoes and I have a whole mango tree in my yard with lots of ripe ones falling off daily. This must be some kind of cruel joke lol.

5 minutes ago, Bilita said:

Aww and I love mangoes!  Never heard of an allergic reaction to one though, hope yo'ure okay!  

My job sucks, we're in a slow zone right now so not a lot going on, hopefully it will pick back up tomorrow.  

I'm fine. I just learnt about it the other day. Apparently there's a compound in mangoes that is also in poison ivy which some people may develop an allergic reaction to it which is what I've developed. It sucks because I also love mangoes and look forward to eating them at this time of the year given it's Mango season.

On 6/18/2024 at 5:13 PM, Knight Plug said:

This has been one wet year. I reckon it has rained nearly every single day since the spring.

In my country, it's been raining nonstop for almost three weeks straight. One tropical storm, and troph one after another.

On 5/23/2024 at 5:50 PM, Bilita said:

Aww and I love mangoes!  Never heard of an allergic reaction to one though, hope yo'ure okay!  

My job sucks, we're in a slow zone right now so not a lot going on, hopefully it will pick back up tomorrow.  

I love mangoes too. I'm not that much into eating fruits but when it comes to my favourites, mangoes and apple always tops it for me. We are in the season of mangoes right now but I'm yet to eat one. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I love mangoes too. I'm not that much into eating fruits but when it comes to my favourites, mangoes and apple always tops it for me. We are in the season of mangoes right now but I'm yet to eat one. 

I have a whole tree and had developed an allergy to them. However, I started consuming Spirulina powder daily and my allergic reaction to mangoes completely went away.

On 6/21/2024 at 8:52 PM, killamch89 said:

I have a whole tree and had developed an allergy to them. However, I started consuming Spirulina powder daily and my allergic reaction to mangoes completely went away.

Wow, it's nice to hear that you found a way to beat your allergic reaction to mangoes. Luckily, I don't have any of it. 

On 6/27/2024 at 10:00 PM, killamch89 said:

How's everyone doing this week?

My week is going to well. It have been raining since last night nonstop. 

On 7/3/2024 at 1:09 PM, Heatman said:

Wow, it's nice to hear that you found a way to beat your allergic reaction to mangoes. Luckily, I don't have any of it. 

My week is going to well. It have been raining since last night nonstop. 

We had a hurricane the other day but it wasn't too bad on our end. Just some strong breeze and rain. I was expecting downed power lines and all that but I'm fortunate that I live on the north coast.

On 7/7/2024 at 8:22 PM, killamch89 said:

We had a hurricane the other day but it wasn't too bad on our end. Just some strong breeze and rain. I was expecting downed power lines and all that but I'm fortunate that I live on the north coast.

We got hit by Beryl as well. We lost power for 32 hours and got a lot of rain. There’s still some people that haven’t gotten their power back on yet smh.

22 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

We got hit by Beryl as well. We lost power for 32 hours and got a lot of rain. There’s still some people that haven’t gotten their power back on yet smh.

Same here - lost power for about 40 hours. In other parts of my country, some still haven't gotten any back either. Which country do you live in?

On 7/15/2024 at 2:03 PM, killamch89 said:

Same here - lost power for about 40 hours. In other parts of my country, some still haven't gotten any back either. Which country do you live in?

I’m in Texas, United States. This was our first major hurricane since 2016.

On 7/17/2024 at 8:03 PM, Cpvr said:

I’m in Texas, United States. This was our first major hurricane since 2016.

I hope no one is freaking out as a result of this being too long it happened last in Texas. 

I feel so tired like I was hit by a truck. 

25 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I hope no one is freaking out as a result of this being too long it happened last in Texas. 

I feel so tired like I was hit by a truck. 

A lot of people did. They were freaking out over gas and water. I’ve never seen so many people rushing to the gas stations and waiting in lines just to get gas at the gas stations.🤦🏿‍♂️