Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

On 7/17/2024 at 2:03 PM, Cpvr said:

I’m in Texas, United States. This was our first major hurricane since 2016.

One of my gaming buddies is from Mexico and he also got hit by Hurricane Beryl but he didn't suffer much damage either. I guess we all got pretty lucky, huh?

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

One of my gaming buddies is from Mexico and he also got hit by Hurricane Beryl but he didn't suffer much damage either. I guess we all got pretty lucky, huh?

Yes, we did.  Hurricane harvey was a lot worst.

15 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

My sister is due to give birth next month. Baby 4.

Congratulations! My niece and nephew were both recently born.

6 hours ago, Cpvr said:

Yes, we did.  Hurricane harvey was a lot worst.

Congratulations! My niece and nephew were both recently born.

For me, it was Hurricane Ivan in the mid 2000s. I had someone's roof in my yard and there were downed powerlines for miles.

22 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

My sister is due to give birth next month. Baby 4.

Congrats to your sister.

15 hours ago, Lens said:

I'm really enjoying the moment. Having fun with my children. 

Nice. How old are they?

I normally don't like to crap on other sites, but I noticed joyfreak.com is offline. All I can say is, good. Nobody will miss it. The forum was an absolute mess.

The forum was literally 80% bots, 20% gibberish. Spam was everywhere. Shady links to third party sites left unremoved. And I lost count of how many times Shagger asked the admin to clean up his act, but nobody was even maintaining it. So it was just pointless being online anyway. 

7 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

I normally don't like to crap on other sites, but I noticed joyfreak.com is offline. All I can say is, good. Nobody will miss it. The forum was an absolute mess.

The forum was literally 80% bots, 20% gibberish. Spam was everywhere. Shady links to third party sites left unremoved. And I lost count of how many times Shagger asked the admin to clean up his act, but nobody was even maintaining it. So it was just pointless being online anyway. 

I’ve never been to Joyfreak before, but I just decided to check the site out after reading this post, and it seems to be online.

Perhaps someone should try to contact the owner to see if they’re willing to sell it since it’s obvious they don’t care for it.

12 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

I haven't been on Joyfreak in a long time and it's sad because I used to go there for things like guides for certain games.

I think I was one of the first members to sign up. The activity just dropped over the last few years, and every reply I seen on there looked very 'made up' to me. Like an AI bot was responding, along with the flood of spam. It's why I won't be joining any more forums, because the main focus now is social media, or they recommend Discord (which I don't care for, but I appreciate the offer).

The ones I have gone on recently have barely any users. Or they just aren't into the same games.

On 7/30/2024 at 3:30 AM, Knight Plug said:

I think I was one of the first members to sign up. The activity just dropped over the last few years, and every reply I seen on there looked very 'made up' to me. Like an AI bot was responding, along with the flood of spam. It's why I won't be joining any more forums, because the main focus now is social media, or they recommend Discord (which I don't care for, but I appreciate the offer).

The ones I have gone on recently have barely any users. Or they just aren't into the same games.

I know what you mean. I'm on very few discord servers because a lot of them are a huge waste of time in my opinion.

Well, I logged in one day to try to get my alias changed. It's rather pointless, as this obsessed nutball I know just lists them on another forum as I do so anyway. But I noticed some radge pot moderator on there "banned me from user name changes for 2 years" unsuccessfully, as I can still attempt it. They just kept declining the change.

I emailed them asking if they can just delete my account. The admin is a lazy sod who doesn't appreciate his members, and hardly any users post there, apart from bots. And like Shagger pointed out, the few human users on there like to post weird threads, with links to dodgy sites going ignored.

13 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

Well, I logged in one day to try to get my alias changed. It's rather pointless, as this obsessed nutball I know just lists them on another forum as I do so anyway. But I noticed some radge pot moderator on there "banned me from user name changes for 2 years" unsuccessfully, as I can still attempt it. They just kept declining the change.

I emailed them asking if they can just delete my account. The admin is a lazy sod who doesn't appreciate his members, and hardly any users post there, apart from bots. And like Shagger pointed out, the few human users on there like to post weird threads, with links to dodgy sites going ignored.

That's extremely sad. At one point, it was going toe-to-toe with sites like Gamefaqs. Hopefully, the owner just terminates the site. Sometimes, it's best to end something quickly rather than prolonging the inevitable.

14 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

I emailed them asking if they can just delete my account. The admin is a lazy sod who doesn't appreciate his members

To be fair, I've never known of a forum that would do account deletion.  It's bad for forum security and post preservation.  We don't do it on VGR either and there are people who have asked.

I just wouldn't go back. That guy in the thread we posted in seemed odd, and his rants made no sense. But I think all the other users besides the guy with the beard avatar and a few others on the forum, are all mainly bots, which is clear from how many are banned.