Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

Weekly update: How's it going for everyone? I've had a pretty okay week so far outside of my dog trying to jumpscare me constantly. I guess that's what I get for constantly doing it to him over the years.

3 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

The OTC of YouTube? 

Uh... 🤥

Em... context please? This is just a black screen with some dude ranting I guess about being demonitised.  I have no idea who he is, why he was demonitised and why relevance it has to us or anything for that matter.

On 8/7/2024 at 11:39 AM, killamch89 said:

Weekly update: How's it going for everyone? I've had a pretty okay week so far outside of my dog trying to jumpscare me constantly. I guess that's what I get for constantly doing it to him over the years.

I’m doing well. Thank you for asking! Hope your day has been good so far.

On 8/9/2024 at 12:47 AM, Shagger said:

Em... context please? This is just a black screen with some dude ranting I guess about being demonitised.  I have no idea who he is, why he was demonitised and why relevance it has to us or anything for that matter.

I didn't feel like making a thread about it, so I assumed this was a just a 'general thoughts' type of thread. But I see that a lot on YouTube. Smarmy individuals acting like Google and strangers online need to absolutely hear what whining they have to say. And it's one big power trip. So when some random guy caims to be the 'King of Content', it sounds so untrue.

On 8/5/2024 at 11:37 PM, Shagger said:

To be fair, I've never known of a forum that would do account deletion.  It's bad for forum security and post preservation.  We don't do it on VGR either and there are people who have asked.

It's crazy some people will wake up one day to ask for such. Like seriously, no one forced you to make an account or forced you to make posts. How can you wake up to say get rid of my account for one silly reason 😒

On 8/5/2024 at 2:45 AM, Knight Plug said:

Well, I logged in one day to try to get my alias changed. It's rather pointless, as this obsessed nutball I know just lists them on another forum as I do so anyway. But I noticed some radge pot moderator on there "banned me from user name changes for 2 years" unsuccessfully, as I can still attempt it. They just kept declining the change.

I emailed them asking if they can just delete my account. The admin is a lazy sod who doesn't appreciate his members, and hardly any users post there, apart from bots. And like Shagger pointed out, the few human users on there like to post weird threads, with links to dodgy sites going ignored.

Honestly, I don’t know any forum owner or webmaster who would delete a user’s account or posts upon request. You can simply log out of that forum and never return. That’s the best thing to do.

He did change my name, after I promised him it will be the last time. But yeah. In general, the forum is not very active. A lot of forums online are pretty much the same way now, unfortunately.

It kind of sucks that I got banned on NeoGAF. It's always active there, and I'm being serious. Threads there have actual participation. It's just a pity arseholes run that forum. Like a lot of similar gaming and media forums, they are dogs.

On 8/29/2024 at 7:15 PM, killamch89 said:

Weekly update: How's everyone's week been going so far? Mine's been a bit iffy but I'm doing okay for the most part. How about you?

My week has been pretty good. Been a bit busy with some online projects though. I hope you’re doing good!