Register Now
PGen98

Do You Think it's Right For People Who Pre-order or Have Connections to Get Early Access Time With Games?

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

The very moment those who pre-order games have no connections to getting early access time with games, it's definitely going to be the end of it. 

Definitely, if it gets to that point, I don't really see the point of wasting money to pay for pre orders any more. 

11 pages in and I don't think I've commented on this...

OK, do I think it's unfair that early buyers get early access, no. However, do I think that those offers are used as a form of manipulation and that that is in fact the main goal, yes. That means I HATE them.

Getting early access, epically with the kind of progress = benefits systems that dominate multiplayer these days, is just another form of pay-to-win in my opinion. There is a difference between games that reward people for opting in early and games that punish people for not opting in early, and sadly most "AAA" games follow the latter.

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

.....There is a difference between games that reward people for opting in early and games that punish people for not opting in early, and sadly most "AAA" games follow the latter.

AAA games punishing people for not opting in early with their Pre-order isn't cool at. It's a marketing strategy they have used to scorn gamers that decide to go at it the orthodox way and it's not fair one bit. 

19 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I wouldn't be surprised seeing some gamers pre-ordering 2-5 games in a roll without assurances of getting any of them sooner or at a said date. 

The truth of the matter is that some people really have the money to throw around without even bothering whether they are going to get the value of the money back.

On 1/2/2022 at 6:30 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I wouldn't be surprised seeing some gamers pre-ordering 2-5 games in a roll without assurances of getting any of them sooner or at a said date. 

I have a Russian friend who does more than that. He pre orders more than 6 games in a year....and that's excluding all the microtransactions he pays for. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I have a Russian friend who does more than that. He pre orders more than 6 games in a year....and that's excluding all the microtransactions he pays for. 

Such dude doesn't care much about losing his funds because, he got the money plenty. I wouldn't even pre order one talk more of six, I'm not ready yet. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Russians are always in the habit of doing that, maybe they are very good when it comes to spending money on what they love. 

On 1/3/2022 at 10:24 PM, Heatman said:

Russians are always in the habit of doing that, maybe they are very good when it comes to spending money on what they love. 

When they spend heavily on games like that, they are actually doing it with the expectation of something tangible. They aren't tools to spend their money that way. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

When they spend heavily on games like that, they are actually doing it with the expectation of something tangible. They aren't tools to spend their money that way. 

Yes exactly, and by right they are supposed to get it no matter how selfish that sounds but they never forced anyone not to do so as well, just that not all have the money to do so. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Yes exactly, and by right they are supposed to get it no matter how selfish that sounds but they never forced anyone not to do so as well, just that not all have the money to do so. 

As long as I get to play the game when it's due for me to play it, I don't really care much about the early access those who pre ordered the games got. 

I think I would only support pre-orders, is if I was able to get something good for doing it. Not DLC. I want a poster, a collectible figure, something cool and exciting and not some early access crap. I can wait to play, I want something extra for giving you my pre-order. Why else pre-order? I mean, it's not like these games aren't mass produced and no one is having a hard time finding them day one.