Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are there any game companies you actively boycott?

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've been thinking about doing the same. Haven't touched anything from blizzard or Activision lately and probably won't. The fact they still haven't fired bobby kotick is mind boggling to me. 

Ubisoft of course with the sexual abuse/harassment issues that they didn't do much about at all. They said their sorrys, but I don't think their ceo meant any of it. Was just about saving face. 

After their last spat with their workers and everything that's related with the CEO, I'm currently in hibernation with any of their games in the view. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've been thinking about doing the same. Haven't touched anything from blizzard or Activision lately and probably won't. The fact they still haven't fired bobby kotick is mind boggling to me. 

Ubisoft of course with the sexual abuse/harassment issues that they didn't do much about at all. They said their sorrys, but I don't think their ceo meant any of it. Was just about saving face. 

Ubisoft even tried to apologize for their sexual abuse/harassment issues but what about Activision with their own? Even when the board didn't want to do anything about it and the CEO wasn't touched. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Ubisoft even tried to apologize for their sexual abuse/harassment issues but what about Activision with their own? Even when the board didn't want to do anything about it and the CEO wasn't touched. 

Seriously, they never did even after all the calls for it by the workers and investors. They were willing to lose a lot of money to just cover their tracks. 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/21/22795286/activision-ceo-bobby-kotick-is-not-resigning-yet

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, they never did even after all the calls for it by the workers and investors. They were willing to lose a lot of money to just cover their tracks. 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/21/22795286/activision-ceo-bobby-kotick-is-not-resigning-yet

And I don't think he will ever resign from the company. He's making too much cash right now and I don't think they can outright fire him either. Which I don't get. Maybe he's more in control of things than we thought. It's sickening that he's still in power. 

On 1/14/2022 at 9:37 AM, Boblee said:

The main thing that's very wrong in what they did was give those companies power to ride us in any way they feel like. 

Their is should be laws protecting the rights of gamers, and not the full 💯 right going straight to the video game companies to manipulate us anyhow. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, this totally sucks for the workers and investors alike that had some faith in the company. None of these companies can be trusted!! 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, this totally sucks for the workers and investors alike that had some faith in the company. None of these companies can be trusted!! 

Seriously, I believe that it's the board of directors that's got the biggest interest to protect with leaving him in the post after everything that happened. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, I believe that it's the board of directors that's got the biggest interest to protect with leaving him in the post after everything that happened. 

Seriously, they are all in on it and it's why they never made any move to having him removed because him Bobby being there is in their best interest. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, they are all in on it and it's why they never made any move to having him removed because him Bobby being there is in their best interest. 

Seriously, for the board willing to lose some of their investors by not removing the CEO Booby shows they have something more cynical to protect. 

I don't get why the board is allowing Bobby Kotick to stick around. I heard somewhere, maybe here, that hey may have some stuff on the people of the board, and that's why they aren't kicking him out yet. idk if that's true, but I swear I heard something along those lines. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't get why the board is allowing Bobby Kotick to stick around. I heard somewhere, maybe here, that hey may have some stuff on the people of the board, and that's why they aren't kicking him out yet. idk if that's true, but I swear I heard something along those lines. 

It's actually very obvious that they are in on one bed 🛏, otherwise they would have taken some actions against him but rather they have him protected. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:23 PM, Kane99 said:

Xbox is already circling around to purchase the Activision Blizzard in deal worth $68.7 billion dollars and it's been confirmed that Bobby Kotick is getting booted out immediately the deal is completed. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Xbox is already circling around to purchase the Activision Blizzard in deal worth $68.7 billion dollars and it's been confirmed that Bobby Kotick is getting booted out immediately the deal is completed. 

Yeah, I read about that in one thread already and looked it on Twitter, it's definitely happening and I'm very sure that even the workers of Activision Blizzard are very happy. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, I read about that in one thread already and looked it on Twitter, it's definitely happening and I'm very sure that even the workers of Activision Blizzard are very happy. 

At least Activision Blizzard would be out of the way from the list of horrible game's companies that's going to be worrying us with whatever trash they would be doing with their games.