Register Now
Kane99

50 things that changed gaming, from Computer Space to virtual reality

What are some of the things that have helped changed gaming for the better and or worse? Games radar made a list of 50 things that changed gaming. What change was your favorite? 

You can read more here: https://www.gamesradar.com/50-things-that-changed-gaming-from-computer-space-to-virtual-reality&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=oxm/?utm_campaign=socialflow-oxm

On 1/3/2022 at 2:44 AM, Kane99 said:

What are some of the things that have helped changed gaming for the better and or worse? Games radar made a list of 50 things that changed gaming. What change was your favorite? 

You can read more here: https://www.gamesradar.com/50-things-that-changed-gaming-from-computer-space-to-virtual-reality&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=oxm/?utm_campaign=socialflow-oxm

The impact of Sony and Playstation in the gaming industry can never be overemphasized with over 1 million sales it had more than SEGA and Nintendo had at the time. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, Heatman said:

The impact of Sony and Playstation in the gaming industry can never be overemphasized with over 1 million sales it had more than SEGA and Nintendo had at the time. 

Which outrightly led to the shutdown of SEGA Dreamcast when Sony took over the market with its release of the Playstation consoles. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Which outrightly led to the shutdown of SEGA Dreamcast when Sony took over the market with its release of the Playstation consoles. 

I believe that some gamers still have their SEGA Dreamcast console today because I still have mine and it works very well. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I was thinking you gave your Sega to your friend instead of dumping it off for dust to overshadow it and causing it go through wears? 

If you have more than one SEGA console, you can easily give one out. It's old, it's old, there is no need keep two of them at the same time. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

If you have more than one SEGA console, you can easily give one out. It's old, it's old, there is no need keep two of them at the same time. 

That's exactly what happened with most people who's got more than one consoles. It's why I don't have any of my Playstation consoles from 1 to 3 now. 

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's true, when you got same you simply have to give one to another when it isn't all that in-demand to you. But did you have two before you gave out one? 

On 1/10/2022 at 3:47 PM, Heatman said:

That's exactly what happened with most people who's got more than one consoles. It's why I don't have any of my Playstation consoles from 1 to 3 now. 

Some gamers who are good collectors do keep their old console systems and have it on display. They take pride in their games. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some gamers who are good collectors do keep their old console systems and have it on display. They take pride in their games. 

Yeah exactly, I have seen a lot of them and I have equally shared a lot of gamers like that which I have met online. 

On 1/11/2022 at 3:31 AM, Justin11 said:

That's true, when you got same you simply have to give one to another when it isn't all that in-demand to you. But did you have two before you gave out one? 

Once you have more, you can choose to give it away or become a collector which I believe that most gamers are choosing the latter. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah exactly, I have seen a lot of them and I have equally shared a lot of gamers like that which I have met online. 

It's actually very nice being a game's collector because it's just helping to propagate the gaming history for new generation gamers. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's actually very nice being a game's collector because it's just helping to propagate the gaming history for new generation gamers. 

Exactly, if there aren't any game's collector, most of the history we have in games would have probably been lost now. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, if there aren't any game's collector, most of the history we have in games would have probably been lost now. 

Seriously and I doubt if some of these game's companies would really be kind enough to propagate their old consoles and games.