Register Now
Kane99

Have you ever submitted a high score to leaderboards site?

Have you ever broken any game records and submitted them to leaderboard site? Do you guys know of any leaderboard sites you can submit your scores to? I don't have any top scores myself, but I think it'd be cool. 

If you are on any high scores, feel free to share them. 🙂

I don't know if it's still around or not, but there was a magazine called Tips & Tricks when I was a kid during the NES/SNES/N64 era that did a lot of gamin articles and had a big section with cheat codes and "tips & tricks" for a lot of the games on the systems of the era. They put out a challenge to anyone who could complete Zelda A Link To The Past with a perfect score. I sent in a pic of myself beside my TV with Link on the screen at the perfect score of zero. I don't remember if it was ever published or mentioned in the magazine, because I couldn't afford to buy it very often. But that would be the only time for me.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't know if it's still around or not, but there was a magazine called Tips & Tricks when I was a kid during the NES/SNES/N64 era that did a lot of gamin articles and had a big section with cheat codes and "tips & tricks" for a lot of the games on the systems of the era. They put out a challenge to anyone who could complete Zelda A Link To The Past with a perfect score. I sent in a pic of myself beside my TV with Link on the screen at the perfect score of zero. I don't remember if it was ever published or mentioned in the magazine, because I couldn't afford to buy it very often. But that would be the only time for me.

I remember tips and tricks. Sadly I never had high scores to share to them. I think I had a few of the books in my collection too. I'm kinda tempted to buy up some collections of them and other old gaming mags. 

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I know tips and tricks back then. It's quite a good leader board for uploading gaming scores. Although, I never really uploaded mine, I closely monitored what went on in the site. 

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have come across this magazine called Tips & Tricks and from the little things I remembered about how they worked, it was always a close call for gamers scores in their contest. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

I have come across this magazine called Tips & Tricks and from the little things I remembered about how they worked, it was always a close call for gamers scores in their contest. 

This is a little more that you can actually read up on them to remember more on their activities then. Although, I think their last issue print was in 2007.

https://archive.org/details/tipsandtricksmag

On 1/5/2022 at 8:31 AM, Heatman said:

This is a little more that you can actually read up on them to remember more on their activities then. Although, I think their last issue print was in 2007.

They seem to have a good stack up record on some games that were very popular year ago. I really appreciate the share, you're awesome. 

On 1/5/2022 at 2:31 AM, Heatman said:

I'm going to have to check that out soon. I didn't even think to look into the archive site, going to have to check out some of the other magazines they have listed. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm going to have to check that out soon. I didn't even think to look into the archive site, going to have to check out some of the other magazines they have listed. 

Seriously, they did a wonderful job with their collection and set up. If you take out the time to focus on the part that interests you, you will pick out a lot.