Register Now
m76

6 reasons why live service games are terrible

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is no justification for NTFs in video games. It's going to make everything worse only for the benefit of the gaming company behind it. Even the microtransactions serves them very well. 

The only justification for the gaming companies is the money they are going to be making from having NTFs in games. 

20 hours ago, m76 said:

If you do videogames for a living it stops being fun. As soon as monetary incentives get in the mix the whole thing is ruined. NFTs and the metaverse are the worst things ever for gaming. Not lootbox / microtransactoins bad, try million times worse.

With the information I have read which were discussed by members here and there shows, metaverse and NFTs inclusion would be a total disappointment to gaming. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

With the information I have read which were discussed by members here and there shows, metaverse and NFTs inclusion would be a total disappointment to gaming. 

Why am I not surprised with what happened with metaverse stock or something recently, they might just all be related. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Why am I not surprised with what happened with metaverse stock or something recently, they might just all be related. 

As much as what happened to the company was deserving a little bit but some people actually lot money from that bad luck incident. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Sony is planning on starting their own live service games and I'm not really sure if it's something that's worth it for the company or not. 

If they are not really a big company, it might end up just like the other little indie companies with their own that got abandoned. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

If they are not really a big company, it might end up just like the other little indie companies with their own that got abandoned. 

Yeah, just like so many companies that China have forced out of business for not operating up to standard. Sony might do well. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You forgot one - they're usually trash. No seriously, name me one good live-service game - don't worry, I'll wait...

It's why most of them don't usually last that long most of the time. For Sony to be thinking about getting into it seems to be weird. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why most of them don't usually last that long most of the time. For Sony to be thinking about getting into it seems to be weird. 

Nope - that's totally like Sony nowadays. They've gone down the EA path as well of being extremely greedy and anti-consumer.

I wish live service games would work, but the idea behind them is that they are too corrupt. Too many force you to pay to really get anywhere. Now if they were fair, the microtransactions didn't give you an edge or better skills, than I'm all for it. But when it starts to sell you more powerful stuff, then it becomes pay to win and a definite live service game. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nope - that's totally like Sony nowadays. They've gone down the EA path as well of being extremely greedy and anti-consumer.

Seriously, these guy keeps changing from good to bad every day, even when there is a lot good they can do and offer to the gaming industry. 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:07 PM, Boblee said:

Yeah, I heard that you can simply play metaverse video games and earn real crypto reward or NFTs which can be swapped for real money. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I wish live service games would work, but the idea behind them is that they are too corrupt. Too many force you to pay to really get anywhere. Now if they were fair, the microtransactions didn't give you an edge or better skills, than I'm all for it. But when it starts to sell you more powerful stuff, then it becomes pay to win and a definite live service game. 

Seriously, all the new projects that's been introduced into games lately are all targeted to milk more money from gamers pockets.