Register Now
Justin11

How do you feel when your team loses a major cup final/competition

It feels so weird when my team loses a major final, it is better to lose some league matches or lose a group stage match in either UCL or UEL cup competition in football, than losing in the final of those competition. 

It feels sad too, when my team laboured until the final day of a league season only to lose the penultimate match to a clear underdog in the final day of the season, and gift the title to a fierce rival.  

It's fortunate I never witnessed Barcà losing a UCL Final match they entered into during Messi era. Messi was dominant in the team, helped them win all four UCL Final they entered. But losing the 2006 EUFA Super Cup was pain in the ass, including the 2012/2013 Copa Del Rey and strings of league titles to bitter rivals such as 'ATM in 2013/2014 season and to 'RMA 2011/2012 league season imo.

Share your opinion!

When Barcelona losses the champions league or any other title it's always devastating to me as a core fan especially when I am quite sure that we could win and we have all the odds in our favor to win that title.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:22 PM, Justin11 said:

But losing the 2006 EUFA Super Cup was pain in the ass

Though I was still a very young football fan back then I could remember the one person who actually inspired me to support Barcelona coming home that evening angry and just talking so much about how Barcelona could have won that match, my interest in football grew and I started watching football matches more religiously.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

When Barcelona losses the champions league or any other title it's always devastating to me as a core fan especially when I am quite sure that we could win and we have all the odds in our favor to win that title.

Though I was still a very young football fan back then I could remember the one person who actually inspired me to support Barcelona coming home that evening angry and just talking so much about how Barcelona could have won that match, my interest in football grew and I started watching football matches more religiously.

LoL 😂, Sevilla FC beat us 3-0 in that contest. I couldn't forget the night, I was hoping that we gonna win the super cup and add to the list of silverware we won during the 2005/2006 season. Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto,o, Deco, Messi, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, were my favourites back then. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sevilla FC beat us 3-0 in that contest. I couldn't forget the night

I still recall the score line and it was a big shocker to many because we had so many good players in barca at that time and we had all the odds in our favor to win that match.

I don't think Barcelona could rise again to such heights with all the hocus pocus going on in the club, but it still pains me every time to see Barcelona lose any title no matter how small.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

I still recall the score line and it was a big shocker to many because we had so many good players in barca at that time and we had all the odds in our favor to win that match.

I don't think Barcelona could rise again to such heights with all the hocus pocus going on in the club, but it still pains me every time to see Barcelona lose any title no matter how small.

Yes, we got all the good players then, and all odds were on us to win that encounter, but luck wasn't on our side. I was very young when I followed my uncle to watch the game at the game village. Tears rolled in my eyes, because I wanted Barcà to win it all that year. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Tears rolled in my eyes, because I wanted Barcà to win it all that year. 

If you are a core fan of any club, seeing that club lose to any team can be devastating, I never cried when my favourite team loses I just analyse the game with the friends who just wants to banter me because they aren't fans of that club and after a few hours or some days depending on how crucial that match was I have gotten over it.

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

If you are a core fan of any club, seeing that club lose to any team can be devastating, I never cried when my favourite team loses I just analyse the game with the friends who just wants to banter me because they aren't fans of that club and after a few hours or some days depending on how crucial that match was I have gotten over it.

Anything can happen in a final so it is what it is for me.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

I cried so much in the past for my club 'FCB as a child, not nowadays, I've come of age. But all the same, it still pains me seeing them losing any crucial game. Barcà is under rebuilding, it will take years for them to comeback to their usual best. 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:10 PM, Justin11 said:

I cried so much in the past for my club 'FCB as a child, not nowadays, I've come of age. But all the same, it still pains me seeing them losing any crucial game. Barcà is under rebuilding, it will take years for them to comeback to their usual best. 

It's true, even seeing your team lose in Preseason hurts and mind you, Preseason doesn't really mean anything other than players gaining fitness.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

It's true, even seeing your team lose in Preseason hurts and mind you, Preseason doesn't really mean anything other than players gaining fitness.

Pre-season hurts too, but it doesn't count much. I remembered one certain time, Barca  lost to Liverpool 4-0 in a preseason match, it pained me too but not like the 4-0 UCL loss at anfield in 2019. 

36 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Pre-season hurts too, but it doesn't count much. I remembered one certain time, Barca  lost to Liverpool 4-0 in a preseason match, it pained me too but not like the 4-0 UCL loss at anfield in 2019. 

I'd much rather lose all Pre-season games because at least I know it means nothing and won't in any affect how the season turns out.

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'd much rather lose all Pre-season games because at least I know it means nothing and won't in any affect how the season turns out.

Yes, it doesn't add anything nor improve the team overall. I've seen teams that impressed during preseason, but when the season starts properly they falter. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, it doesn't add anything nor improve the team overall. I've seen teams that impressed during preseason, but when the season starts properly they falter. 

On another note - I've seen how losing a final affects teams negatively to the point where some players try to force transfers away to more successful clubs the very next transfer window. What are your views on that?