Register Now
Shortie

Do you buy every new released WWE game?

WWE is another game that tends to release a new game every year even if there are not many updates to the game. In most cases it would probably be better for them to release an update for a game they already have out but instead they choose to release a whole new game and charge new release prices. I know between 2020 and 2021 they had a break due to the pandemic and chose to instead release a different kind of wrestling games which was called WWE Battlegrounds. They then went back to releasing WWE 2K22 which this time, had more of an update than previous games.

Do you buy every WWE game even though there may not be any big huge updates?

Haha nah. At least not since 2K took the franchise on. Actually scratch that, I'd say even back when they were still with THQ. I think after a point the series just started to take the easy route by releasing the same game with updated things here and there. I don't know how many times I play a newer WWE game and it has the same exact animations the same exact moves, character models for some and so on. The new WWE game was fine, but it still wasn't great. It wasn't Here Comes the Pain or WWF No Mercy by any means. 

I don't touch any of their mobile games, I just don't have any interest in them. But I have considered looking into wrestling management sims outside of WWE stuff. 

On 12/27/2022 at 10:50 PM, Kane99 said:

Haha nah. At least not since 2K took the franchise on. Actually scratch that, I'd say even back when they were still with THQ. I think after a point the series just started to take the easy route by releasing the same game with updated things here and there. I don't know how many times I play a newer WWE game and it has the same exact animations the same exact moves, character models for some and so on. The new WWE game was fine, but it still wasn't great. It wasn't Here Comes the Pain or WWF No Mercy by any means. 

I don't touch any of their mobile games, I just don't have any interest in them. But I have considered looking into wrestling management sims outside of WWE stuff. 

I wish I could say the same if I am honest. I don't play the games myself anymore like I used to when it was games like Smackdown vs Raw but my sons are huge WWE fans and they like to have the newest releases each year. I was lucky this year as they did take a break due to the pandemic and they did make some really good changes within that time frame for WWE 2K23 but I see them releasing another game next year and it being more of an update than a newer game.

I myself don't play any of the mobile games anymore but for a while I was playing WWE Champions which was a lot of fun. My 3 boys play WWE Supercards and have done for some years now on mobile. 

On 12/29/2022 at 8:56 PM, Shortie said:

I wish I could say the same if I am honest. I don't play the games myself anymore like I used to when it was games like Smackdown vs Raw but my sons are huge WWE fans and they like to have the newest releases each year. I was lucky this year as they did take a break due to the pandemic and they did make some really good changes within that time frame for WWE 2K23 but I see them releasing another game next year and it being more of an update than a newer game.

I myself don't play any of the mobile games anymore but for a while I was playing WWE Champions which was a lot of fun. My 3 boys play WWE Supercards and have done for some years now on mobile. 

Unfortunately that's 2K for you. They will make the same game year in and year out. But that's normal for the WWE franchise at this point, as it's been done that way since probably 2012 or so. At least in terms of the games going downward in quality. There was rumors that EA were in talks to make a new WWE game. I'm kind of curious to see that, as I don't think they made a wrestling game since like WCW Backstage Assault. 

I think you mean WWE 2K22 though, as 2K23 hasn't been announced yet. But I get what you mean, it'll probably be the same game with some small changes here and there. 

I wanted to try the mobile games, but never saw any appeal in them. Actually I may have tried one of the WWE mobile games, but it was brief and didn't last too long. 

I haven't bought a WWE game since Smackdown Here Comes the Pain on the PS2.  My brother has bought them almost every year though. He's bigger into wrestling than I am. I'm not sure if he plans on buying 2K23 though as I think he was unsatisfied with 2k22. I'm pretty certain he's like me and more curious about AEW's game.