Register Now
Shortie

What tips would you give to someone just starting out on Fortnite?

With Fortnite still being such a popular game now 5+ years on, we will still be seeing more and more new people coming to the game who have never played Fortnite before who would need some tips and pointers on where to start out or what their best strategy would be. 

What would your tips be to someone who was just starting out playing Fortnite? Would there be anything specific that you would say to them before they played their first game?

For me I feel the only tips I could give someone new to the game would be to play zero build at first if they were jumping into their first battle royale match and to ensure that they had an assault rifle, shotgun and an SMG as well as meds. I would also advise them not to rush if they seem someone but to play more tactically and keep a good eye on their surroundings. One extra tip I would give that took me a while to get used to myself would also be NEVER med up in the open. The amount of times I did that and got sniped was too much! LOL

Playing Zero Build first is a good tip, but you're going to eventually want to learn to build, because it comes in handy when you want to provide yourself with some cover and possible an escape from opposing players. 

Another recommendation is to keep playing to get good. It takes time, but once you get things going, you can soon become a pro at the game. Practice helps a ton! 

Don't Play it  😜

Learn how to build a 1x1 first, perfectly, every time. Look at youtube videos for tips. Once you can make one of those, learn to edit out of it and make another, then close the edit you just opened so youre now safe. Honestly, it could take a while to get this down, toss in some of the below ones as well but I would mainly focus on this. Learn to edit the wall, shoot someone, close wall. There are a lot of creative maps that you can make close range fighting without risk, and your aim will be better. Look for fights, if youre nervous, tons of fun creative maps with respawn and they can be really fun.

Familiarize yourself with the controls and practice moving around the map. This will help you feel more comfortable and confident when playing.

Pay attention to the minimap and listen for audio cues. These will help you stay aware of what's happening around you and give you a better sense of your surroundings.

Learn how to build and edit structures. This is an essential skill in Fortnite, and it can give you an advantage in combat and help you survive longer.

Practice your aim and try to improve your accuracy. This will help you take out enemies more efficiently and increase your chances of winning.

Don't be afraid to experiment with different weapons and items. Find what works best for you and your playstyle.

Pay attention to the storm and make sure you stay within its boundaries. Staying within the storm will keep you safe and help you avoid being eliminated.

Communication is key. If you're playing with a team, make sure to communicate with your teammates and coordinate your strategies.

Finally, don't get too discouraged if you don't win right away. It takes time and practice to get better at Fortnite. Keep playing and have fun!