Register Now
Kane99

Is E3 dead?

On 4/6/2023 at 7:36 PM, Ravenfreak said:

Since a bunch of companies opted out of attending E3, it's been cancelled. I remember seeing footage of when E3 first became a event, it was a completely different time. I think Covid really had a impact on the event, sure there was one in 2021 but it was online. I don't think we'll see another E3 event at this point.

Yep and I'm honestly glad because E3 strayed away from a gamer-oriented conference to a gaming release trailer festival with little to no gameplay on most of the announced games. Plus I heard there's another conference which was created by a former member of the E3 team so that puts the nail in the coffin when it comes to E3.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:19 PM, killamch89 said:

Yep and I'm honestly glad because E3 strayed away from a gamer-oriented conference to a gaming release trailer festival with little to no gameplay on most of the announced games. Plus I heard there's another conference which was created by a former member of the E3 team so that puts the nail in the coffin when it comes to E3.

I was unaware that a former member of the E3 team had created another conference but that is good to know. I agree though, it certainly does put as you say, a nail in the coffin. 

It's a shame as I feel with a lot more dedication E3 could have been so much more and it is a shame it went the way that it did but I guess all good things do come to an end eventually and this is what happened with E3.