Register Now
Shortie

Do you trust social media for video game rumours?

On 7/2/2024 at 8:16 PM, JennyorAlice said:

I don't know. 

There are times when some stuff gets leaked.  There are other times when people just start rumors to stir the pot or drum up business for that item. 

That's so true because the gaming community can be very prone to rumors and leaks as well. It becomes very hard to know what's real and what's just speculation. 

On 7/6/2024 at 6:25 AM, Lens said:

Personally, I'm always skeptical when it comes to video game rumors on social media. I mean, anyone can just post anything on social media, and it's very hard to know what's really true and what's just a bunch of lies.

It is a fact that so many garbages are being posted online all in the name of video game rumors. The most important thing is for you to know how to filter the right information so that you are going to be dealing with facts and not fake rumors. 

What I learnt is that it's very essential to approach rumors with a healthy dose of skepticism and you also need to verify information through reputable sources too. You don't fall for every information. 

On 7/21/2024 at 4:19 PM, Button said:

What I learnt is that it's very essential to approach rumors with a healthy dose of skepticism and you also need to verify information through reputable sources too. You don't fall for every information. 

That's indeed a great lesson to learn.  in today's digital age, rumors and misinformation can spread very quickly. That's why it's crucial to be very careful.

On 7/3/2024 at 12:37 PM, Heatman said:

I don't follow all of them. This is actually the reason why I follow some trusted X users when it comes to getting updates about video games because they are always accurate with the leaks they post about some video games. 

Same here. I also check other sources to see if the leaks are true or not. 

I put very little stock in rumors in general, I prefer to wait for actual announcements. Like recently all of Reddit shit itself over rumors that Xbox was shutting down. People were actually selling their consoles because they were somehow convinced they would be nothing but paperweights in a matter of weeks. What ended up happening? Absolutely nothing. Well, not nothing, I guess Xbox did end up shutting down several studios a little while later, but according to the rumors, the whole Xbox brand was going to implode. 

10 hours ago, Anders said:

I put very little stock in rumors in general, I prefer to wait for actual announcements. Like recently all of Reddit shit itself over rumors that Xbox was shutting down. People were actually selling their consoles because they were somehow convinced they would be nothing but paperweights in a matter of weeks. What ended up happening? Absolutely nothing. Well, not nothing, I guess Xbox did end up shutting down several studios a little while later, but according to the rumors, the whole Xbox brand was going to implode. 

That's a great approach to have because that's what I do too. Waiting for official announcements and verified information is always the best way to go.