Register Now
Shortie

Do you still play Pokémon Go?

Pokémon Go was a game I used to play years back when it was first released and super popular. I believe 2018 was the last time I played it before I installed it again this year after I heard about an update that had come to the game and now I play it on and off when I am out and about. 

I have admittedly abandoned it. I really sunk a lot of time into it to. I was on level 32 and was in a local group in my town who would message each other to help with raids, lol. 

My wife and son still play it pretty faithfully. I don't think I will ever cultivate interest in it again.

Yes I do, I play the game daily. I at the very least will catch a Pokemon every day to keep my catching streak going, I'll also send gifts to my friends as well. I want to go out more and play though, there's a event going on that you can earn a incubator whenever you first visit a Pokestop and spin it. I love Pokemon though, it's my second favorite gaming franchise.

I have played it from the first year it was released and continue to do so. I enjoy raiding, building up my XP/stardust, powering up Pokemon, catching new Pokemon, etc. I open the app multiple times a day.

On 11/22/2023 at 11:57 AM, Shortie said:

Pokémon Go was a game I used to play years back when it was first released and super popular. I believe 2018 was the last time I played it before I installed it again this year after I heard about an update that had come to the game and now I play it on and off when I am out and about. 

Honestly, I never played Pokemon go, but I played previous pokemon games. I’ll probably pokemon go sometime soon.

I played it when it was still fairly new but opted to stop playing. I have heard from some that the game is a big cash grab these days and you can't even do certain things without investing money.

On 6/18/2024 at 12:13 PM, DanTheGamer said:

I played it when it was still fairly new but opted to stop playing. I have heard from some that the game is a big cash grab these days and you can't even do certain things without investing money.

Sounds like most other mobile games to be fair. You can't do anything without money and this is the exact reason why mobile games are such a huge cash grab.

On 6/18/2024 at 6:13 PM, DanTheGamer said:

This does seem to be the case and it's a shame it turned out like that. It's still fun to play from time to time but playing it all the time and becoming invested in it can end up being costly. I couldn't justify putting money into it myself as I don't play it enough. 

On 6/18/2024 at 12:13 PM, DanTheGamer said:

How long did you play it for? I used to see do many people playing it, but I just couldn’t see myself getting into it.

On 6/26/2024 at 2:25 PM, Cpvr said:

How long did you play it for? I used to see do many people playing it, but I just couldn’t see myself getting into it.

I probably played for maybe a month? Stopped dabbled again for a bit then stopped again.

On 6/26/2024 at 1:25 PM, Cpvr said:

I used to play it quite a bit in 2016 but I stopped after a couple of months because it started to get pretty boring for me.