Register Now
Kane99

Video game museums, any good ones to visit?

Has anyone here been to a video game museum before? I know there are ones that exist out there, but I've yet to attend one myself. I hear there's one in California that's pretty good, but that's a bit far for me. Same with the ones I heard of in Japan and other countries. A friend of mine went to the National Videogame Museum in Texas a while back and suggested I check it out if I ever visit Texas. Is there anything closer to Michigan? :D 

Anyway, are there any video game museums that you'd suggest visiting? 

I know there are video game museums available but I have never been to one myself. I will admit, it would be something I would be interested in visiting as I can only imagine what you would see and being a video gamer most of my life since I was three years old, it would be awesome to look to see how gaming used to be. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been any video games museum before. Honestly, I don't think that I have ever thought about visiting a video games museum, so it's probably the reason why it never occurred to me. Maybe one day, it's something that I will check off wishlist because right now, I do want to go see one for myself. 

22 hours ago, JennyorAlice said:

I haven't been to one if there are any. 

Of course, I haven't found one to begin with.  I wouldn't mind visiting one if I found one. 

Exactly! It is the same way I feel about it because if there is one which I can easily find in my location, I wouldn't mind checking it out and seeing what they are going to have in that place. 

The video game museums are more like a dream come true for all gamers. I haven't visited any game museum but I heard that the Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment in California is really amazing 😍

I don’t have anyone around me, perhaps I will even have to travel outside the city to visit one. I see the game stores as museums too though. Any time I visit them I take my time to explore all the sections.  

I remembered spending hours browsing through game stores and I discovered new titles along the line. As for dedicated video game museums, I've heard a lot of great things about the Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (MADE) in Oakland, California. 

I've not been to any game museum but I've heard a lot of things about the National Videogame Museum in Frisco, Texas..I think it's a place worth visiting. I was told they have an impressive collection of consoles, games, and artifacts.