Register Now
Kane99

Do you have a room just for your video games? AKA a Game Room

Does anyone here have a game room just for their video games and consoles? My gaming collection doesn't have its own dedicated room sadly, though one day I would love to set up a game room, one where I can set up a few tvs, some consoles and maybe even put up a few arcade cabinets. Plus I can use it to entertain friends and family. 

I don't know when that day will come, but I will continue to collect video games and video game stuff for when that day does come. :) 

If you have a game room, feel free to share a picture here if you'd like. I'd love to see what people's collections look like. 

Nope I don't have a game room, I just do my gaming in my main living room. I have two tvs and my games are on a shelf right by the door that leads upstairs. (I live in my inlaw's basement.) When we lived at our previous place, my spouse and I did have a game room that was right across the hall of our bedroom.

I'm not a big enough gamer to warrant having a room dedicated to gaming. Plus, we don't have room for it within our household. I play PC and mobile games a lot more than console games, and of course, they don't take up a whole lot of space.

Yes of course, I have a separate room for my gaming. It's not that big but it's good enough. I know that it's not most people who are into playing video games, that's why I have a room in my house set aside for my gaming needs. Also, I don't like being distracted whenever I'm playing hence the need for the room. 

I don't have a room dedicated to just my video games. 

I have my PS4 and Switch located in the spare bedroom where I keep my library.

I have my Wii U and my husbands X-box 360 hooked up to the tv in the living room.

I have my Wii and GameCube hooked up to the tv in the master bedroom. 

So my consoles are kind of spread out all over the house. 

On 6/26/2024 at 4:12 PM, JennyorAlice said:

I don't have a room dedicated to just my video games. 

I have my PS4 and Switch located in the spare bedroom where I keep my library.

I have my Wii U and my husbands X-box 360 hooked up to the tv in the living room.

I have my Wii and GameCube hooked up to the tv in the master bedroom. 

So my consoles are kind of spread out all over the house. 

This simply means that you have different rooms dedicated to different kind of  consoles that to you play your games with your husband. It's actually a very good thing because it will be like you are entering into a different dimension when you are playing in a particular set up where you have your consoles. 

Right now, I don't have any, but I'm still working towards that goal. I really want to get a sweet setup in my living room only dedicated for games.

4 hours ago, Lens said:

Right now, I don't have any, but I'm still working towards that goal. I really want to get a sweet setup in my living room only dedicated for games.

Gaming rooms and even setups are so cool and pleasing to look at. I have dead of how I want my gaming space to look like, hopefully I would have enough very soon to materialize the idea. 

I have not made a gaming room, and it is because I don't have much space at home. However, that is good advice that I can consider in terms of trying to find out how comfortable one can be when having a private time playing games.

On 7/7/2024 at 3:35 PM, Knight Barida said:

I have not made a gaming room, and it is because I don't have much space at home. However, that is good advice that I can consider in terms of trying to find out how comfortable one can be when having a private time playing games.

Space can be such a limitation, but that doesn't mean you can't actually create a gaming corner. You don't know that a small dedicated space can make a big difference? I'm also gonna try this too. 

12 hours ago, Lens said:

Space can be such a limitation, but that doesn't mean you can't actually create a gaming corner. You don't know that a small dedicated space can make a big difference? I'm also gonna try  . 

This is what I should be seriously considering doing. Creating a corner where I get to play my games without much distractions from everyone in the house.

On 7/18/2024 at 4:57 PM, Lens said:

Space can be such a limitation, but that doesn't mean you can't actually create a gaming corner. You don't know that a small dedicated space can make a big difference? I'm also gonna try this too. 

Everything depends on the size of apartment you are living in and also how packed your room is already because if it is to the point where you can be able to create any designated space for your games, it can't just happen. 

Kind of, I have sort of an upstairs living room/game room/home office on the second floor of my house. I have all my games and consoles there, my desk and PC, my CRT-TV for my retro consoles, as well as a larger TV for the modern consoles. I also have all my guitars and music gear there. Basically all the stuff my wife doesn't want anywhere else in the house shoved into one room! I'm very happy with it though. 

6 hours ago, Anders said:

Kind of, I have sort of an upstairs living room/game room/home office on the second floor of my house. I have all my games and consoles there, my desk and PC, my CRT-TV for my retro consoles, as well as a larger TV for the modern consoles. I also have all my guitars and music gear there. Basically all the stuff my wife doesn't want anywhere else in the house shoved into one room! I'm very happy with it though. 

That sounds like a very fantastic setup. Having a dedicated space for your hobbies and interests like gaming can be incredibly fulfilling.