Register Now
Kane99

Do you still play local multiplayer with anyone?

I haven't done much local multiplayer in a while, A.K.A. Coach co-op gaming. I did hook up my 360 a while back and gamed with my nephew a bit, but that has been it lately. These days most couch co-op happens with retro gaming. Most consoles today focus on online multiplayer, which is fine, as I know that's the direction gaming is going. But I would still like to see more games geared towards local multiplayer. 

Do you still play any games with friends in person? I wouldn't mind hosting a LAN party with friends one of these days. I miss those days. 

When you are a fan of football you would always want to play with someone else. When friends and relatives come over we play tournaments and competitions, then the winner gets to take anything as the trophy. 
That is more fun than playing with the computer always. 

Yes, of course. I still make out the time to play some video games with my close friends who visit me in person or that I do go visit once in a while. We do play online games together too but whenever we can spare the time to hook up and play some co-op games, we are definitely going to make it worth it. 

On 1/30/2024 at 6:30 AM, Kennysplash said:

When you are a fan of football you would always want to play with someone else. When friends and relatives come over we play tournaments and competitions, then the winner gets to take anything as the trophy. 
That is more fun than playing with the computer always. 

There were days that I never stopped playing with my friends through the night. The football multiplayer games were damn addictive that we always look forward to creating when we can get to play the game.

Yes, of course. I still play sports games and shooter games with my buddies in multiplayer mode. Playing games with my friends is something that I’ll continue to do for years.

It's been a long time since I played any games with friends in person or through LAN, most of the time I tend to play with friends online or just my family in the same room nowadays. 

I do miss the LAN days, they were so much fun! 

On 6/4/2024 at 4:25 AM, CharlesK said:

I miss the day of LAN parties in college!!  

Seriously, those days we are awesome because of the way everything is coordinated and the games are played. It's something that I wouldn't forget in my life as long as gaming is concerned. 

On 6/5/2024 at 6:55 PM, Knight Barida said:

There were days that I never stopped playing with my friends through the night. The football multiplayer games were damn addictive that we always look forward to creating when we can get to play the game.

It is so much fun because there are a lot of activities involved in multiplayer games. You get to banter one another, you keep records for future teasing and the atmosphere surrounding the activity is just exciting. You never get enough of it. 

I use to play games in person with my brother when we were all kids.  It's not something we've done recently because we don't live under the same roof anymore.  The three of us still live in the same state, at least, but we're not living under our parents roof anymore. 

I don't really have anybody to play with anymore.  I'm usually playing video games by myself when I am playing. 

On 6/27/2024 at 8:36 AM, Kennysplash said:

It is so much fun because there are a lot of activities involved in multiplayer games. You get to banter one another, you keep records for future teasing and the atmosphere surrounding the activity is just exciting. You never get enough of it. 

As much as I am the person that can take banter and enjoy it very well, I don't appreciate it when someone does it as a disrespect because there are some people who are very good at taking things a little bit too far which isn't acceptable to me in any way. 

To be honest with you, the local multiplayer is a blast. I can remember vividly how I stay up late with my friends. Then, we enjoyed playing Mario Kart and GoldenEye. It was really fun. 

On 7/3/2024 at 7:30 PM, Heatman said:

As much as I am the person that can take banter and enjoy it very well, I don't appreciate it when someone does it as a disrespect because there are some people who are very good at taking things a little bit too far which isn't acceptable to me in any way. 

The moment I am able to identify any one that gets disrespectful, I avoid such individual. Banter is not meant to be disrespectful, that is another thing entirely. It’s better to just stay quite if anyone can’t have light fun respectfully. 

On 6/27/2024 at 1:22 PM, JennyorAlice said:

I use to play games in person with my brother when we were all kids.  It's not something we've done recently because we don't live under the same roof anymore.  The three of us still live in the same state, at least, but we're not living under our parents roof anymore. 

I don't really have anybody to play with anymore.  I'm usually playing video games by myself when I am playing. 

Those days when you can get to beat your friend or sibling in a game while watching their face change can be funny. I have really missed those good old days, for sure.

On 7/7/2024 at 3:38 PM, Knight Barida said:

Those days when you can get to beat your friend or sibling in a game while watching their face change can be funny. I have really missed those good old days, for sure.

I get the nostalgia! Those moments are truly priceless! The thrill of in the competition, the joy of victory, and the humor in seeing your friends play with you is really fun. But it doesn't have to stop just because we've grown older. Don't you think so?