Register Now
Kane99

What classic PS1 games do you want to see remastered like the Tomb Raider Trilogy?

The new Tomb Raider I-III Remastered is coming out tomorrow, and it made me wonder about other classic PS1 titles that should get the remaster treatment. This new Tomb Raider remastered set changes some things, mainly the graphics, but other than that, I believe the controls are as they were back on the PS1. Anyway, I was curious, are there any PS1 classics you'd like to see get the remaster treatment next? I would love to see the Syphon Filter series get a remastered set, maybe Dyno Crisis, Ape Escape, Tenchu 1 & 2, Einhander (I'd love this one specifically), Driver 1 & 2, Silent Hill, and more. What PS1 games would you like to see remastered like the Tomb Raider trilogy? 

I'd also add:

Metal Gear Solid

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Resident Evil 1-3

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3

Crash Bandicoot seriesS

pyro the Dragon series

Gran Turismo 1 & 2

Parappa the Rapper

On 7/14/2024 at 9:15 AM, Lens said:

I'd also add:

Metal Gear Solid

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Resident Evil 1-3

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3

Crash Bandicoot seriesS

pyro the Dragon series

Gran Turismo 1 & 2

Parappa the Rapper

You're the only other person here that I've seen mention Parappa the Rapper outside of myself. It was an interesting game for sure. I also agree with Symphony of the night getting remastered. Resident Evil 1-3 have already been remade and so has MGS.

On 7/14/2024 at 4:15 PM, Lens said:

Crash Bandicoot seriesS

pyro the Dragon series

On 7/19/2024 at 5:49 AM, Button said:

Crash Bandicoot 1-3

You guys are aware that these already exist, right? 😅 Albeit for the PS4, but they look and run great on the PS5 as well.

After giving it further thought, here are some more I'd like: Einhander is an excellent choice. I'd love to see Tomba! and Tomba! 2 get remastered; those platformers were unique and so much fun. Another one that comes to mind is Alundra—it's like a darker Zelda and would look amazing with updated graphics. Also, how about Parasite Eve? It's such a unique blend of RPG and survival horror, and a remaster could introduce it to a whole new generation of gamers.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:56 PM, killamch89 said:

After giving it further thought, here are some more I'd like: Einhander is an excellent choice. I'd love to see Tomba! and Tomba! 2 get remastered; those platformers were unique and so much fun. Another one that comes to mind is Alundra—it's like a darker Zelda and would look amazing with updated graphics. Also, how about Parasite Eve? It's such a unique blend of RPG and survival horror, and a remaster could introduce it to a whole new generation of gamers.

Those are indeed a great choice.  Einhander, Tomba!, Alundra, and Parasite Eve are all excellent candidates for remasters.