Register Now
Heatman

When someone says, you're too old to be playing games?

Have you ever been in a discussion with some friends and one person just goes at you when a gaming discussion was going on that you're too old to still be heavily into playing video games? What would be your response in this kind of situation? 

Do you ever think it's ever too old for one to be a gamer?

I’ll ask him who put age limit on gaming. It’s a form of entertainment enjoyed by people of all ages. You don’t tell adults they are too old to watch movies or read books, why is gaming any different? 
This or I will just ignore. 

48 minutes ago, Kennysplash said:

I’ll ask him who put age limit on gaming. It’s a form of entertainment enjoyed by people of all ages. You don’t tell adults they are too old to watch movies or read books, why is gaming any different? 
This or I will just ignore. 

You should ask about the people that still play with RCs as adults? Are they also too old to play with RCs?

As long as someone isn't doing anything illegal or doing anything to hurt your or your family, then who cares what a person is doing in their spare time?  What business is it of yours in the first place?  If they don't have a negative outcome on your life or the lives of your family, then why does it matter what they're doing in their spare time?

2 hours ago, JennyorAlice said:

As long as someone isn't doing anything illegal or doing anything to hurt your or your family, then who cares what a person is doing in their spare time?  What business is it of yours in the first place?  If they don't have a negative outcome on your life or the lives of your family, then why does it matter what they're doing in their spare time?

Those are valid questions. In fact if anyone tried to speak ill of how I choose to spend my time, I most probably will not reply respectfully. There are what we call boundaries. 

On 2/26/2024 at 11:44 PM, killamch89 said:

It never fazes me. People will always have an opinion on anything you do so I don't pay them much mind. As the old say goes " you can't please everyone".

Exactly! I also tend to disregard whatever they have to say about my habit of playing video games because people are usually very easy to criticize something they are not a fan of. This is exactly why they have such disposition towards those who are still enjoying playing video games. 

Yes, I've definitely being in a similar situations where someone told me I'm too old to be playing games. But, honestly, I just laugh it off because it's just an opinion.

On 7/3/2024 at 7:35 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly! I also tend to disregard whatever they have to say about my habit of playing video games because people are usually very easy to criticize something they are not a fan of. This is exactly why they have such disposition towards those who are still enjoying playing video games. 

As long as it is not something they enjoy doing themselves, then no one else should engage in it. It is a shallow minded thinking. Everyone should engage in what gives them value and fun.