Register Now
Kane99

Does Nintendo still produce new Amiibos?

I haven't heard a whole lot about Amiibos or games that utilize Amiibos for a while now. Does Nintendo still produce and sell new Amiibos? What new games even utilize Amiibos? Or are they mostly older titles that work with Amiibos? 

I know the Switch has NFC support to utilize Amiibos, but what newer games even utilize it? Do most Nintendo branded games have Amiibo support? Or is it a small group of games only? 

I have seen Amiibos still being released but from what I understand, there are no games at the moment that they could be used on like there used to be. 

We have some Amiibos that we purchased years ago but I can't say I have bought any recently. 

I never bought them myself so I haven't even been on the lookout for them. My roommate had bought them because I think there was a game he had bought that made some use of them. It is cool that they're still releasing them. I'm sure people buy them just to collect them if nothing else.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:11 AM, Shortie said:

I have seen Amiibos still being released but from what I understand, there are no games at the moment that they could be used on like there used to be. 

We have some Amiibos that we purchased years ago but I can't say I have bought any recently. 

At this point, I think they're just collectibles which they were always going to be over time. They'll probably go for a lot of money in 5-10 years time so you should probably hold on to them.

I think It's mostly the older titles that support Amiibos, like Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Honestly, I wish more Nintendo games took advantage of Amiibo functionality.