Register Now
Debashis

Wired Vs Wireless Earphones

I prefer wired headphones myself, but I wouldn't mind getting a wireless headset or pair of headphones. I might actually ask for one for my birthday, my headphones still work fine but I've had them for a few years now and my kitten likes to try and play with the cord lol. I don't like earbuds though, I think they're a waste of money and they don't fit me right anyways.

If I'm listening to music or something by myself, I tend to stick with my Raycons. They have the best sound quality of anything you could buy.

Now if I'm recording on my computer or in a game (like I'm doing for our channel right now) then I go with a traditional wired headset and mic.

On 4/30/2024 at 1:40 AM, Kennysplash said:

Wireless earphones are more comfortable for me than the wired. When I am playing games or when I go for a run, I experience more convenience since I am not disturbed by wires. 

I made the jump from wired to wireless in 2016 and I haven't looked back ever since. The wires always feel like a hassle nowadays - there's no way I'd go back to wired headphones permanently.

I prefer wireless (Pixel Buds Pro), except when I'm like riding my bike. But my Pixel 8 Pro doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, so I'd need to get a usb-c to 3.5mm adapter to resume doing that.

For years I would always use wired earphones, I would even use wired earbuds too but since I have been able to get both wireless headphones and earbuds, I could never go back to using these with a wire. 

You don't realize just how much the wire gets in the way until it is no longer there anymore! 

On 6/18/2024 at 7:14 AM, Cpvr said:

I prefer wireless head phones. Especially the dj looking ones. They’re great for working out at the gym.

The wired earphone can be a bit uncomfortable for anyone working out at the gym. So, I believe that going with the wireless head phone is a good option. 

Wireless all the way baby. The convenience gained from wireless greatly outweighs the loss of sound quality in 99% of usecases. The only exception for me is when I'm listening to records on my turntable. Playing music from an analog vinyl record, into an analog amplifier, and then pump it all into wireless digital headphones would kind of defeat the purpose if you ask me.