Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

We love technology more than each other

On 3/19/2024 at 11:00 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Us humans have fell in love with technology. We worship technology. Our brains think fast and require fast information. We are seduced by technology. Everything you want on demand. At what cost? Are we saying goodbye to organic hosts? Does technology entertainment us more than organic humans? 

I feel you - As much as I like the advancements in technology, it's leading to increasing isolation between people. Most of the people I encounter nowadays can't hold a basic conversation and they're always looking at their phone screens while being oblivious to what's going on around them.

I won’t really say we love it more than each other, we have just allows it to become an integral aspect of our lives. Although the social time we spend with one another has reduced, this does not undermine our relationship in such way. 
Technology cannot replace or have that kind of impact on human feelings, highly impossible. 

I'm a very introverted person and I prefer to talk with people via text or online. I remember I hated talking on the phone when I was a kid and always hoped we would be able to just send messages to other people, and I guess I got my wish lol. I think technology just helps us, it's just tools to help make our lives better. Maybe some people like technology more than other humans, but I don't think everyone loves technology more than other humans.

I walk about wearing earphones a lot, because I don't like to tangle them up. I listen to YouTubers talking about games. But I notice idiotic car drivers purposefully toot at me when I am not even crossing the road, just to take the Mickey.

On 4/30/2024 at 7:32 AM, Kennysplash said:

I won’t really say we love it more than each other, we have just allows it to become an integ, weaspect of oallowses. Although the social time we spend with one another has reduced, this does not undermine our relationship in such way. 
Technology cannot replace or have th t kind of impact cannot an feelings, highly impossible. 

This is true. I have a friend who I speak to on a daily basis even when we are not even staying in the same area. Our relationship has not been replaced by technology and it is something that others should really learn about.

On 6/26/2024 at 12:24 AM, Knight Barida said:

This is true. I have a friend who I speak to on a daily basis even when we are not even staying in the same area. Our relationship has not been replaced by technology and it is something that others should really learn about.

I think OP was referring to the fact that we're so dependent on technology for everything that we're starting to replace parts of our regular life with technology.

I do feel that technology has taken over our lives to some extent but as humans, we do have the power to prevent it from taking over our lives in such as way that we love technology more than we love each other. 

Everything relies so much now on technology so it is difficult to completely cut it out of our lives.