Register Now
Smokey

Should Call of Duty have an exclusive XBox-only title?

Now that Microsoft owns Xbox. Do you think Xbox should have maybe a one-off Xbox-only exclusive Call of Duty game? Something done really well that could potentially push sales for the hardware? Perhaps a remaster of a believed game from the past?

Do you think this would work? Not saying the entire franchise should be xbox exclusive but maybe a few exclusive titles here and there?

It would be a bad move for Xbox to get an exclusive Xbox title for Call of Duty, that is one good way to drive the fanbase away as has been said and it wouldn't be good for either the developer or Xbox. 

Keeping it the way it is, available on all consoles with no exclusives is the best way forward.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:44 AM, Shortie said:

It would be a bad move for Xbox to get an exclusive Xbox title for Call of Duty, that is one good way to drive the fanbase away as has been said and it wouldn't be good for either the developer or Xbox. 

Keeping it the way it is, available on all consoles with no exclusives is the best way forward.

Yeah I think it's current setup is probably the best route. No content exclusivity and complete parody across all platforms.   I could see them having done something like an excusive remaster years ago during the 360 days but not now. I don't think it'd work too well now.

On 6/20/2024 at 6:58 AM, Smokey said:

Yeah I think it's current setup is probably the best route. No content exclusivity and complete parody across all platforms.   I could see them having done something like an excusive remaster years ago during the 360 days but not now. I don't think it'd work too well now.

Something like a remaster exclusive to the 360 would have been a great idea and would have worked, as you say, now it would be too late and would cause an uproar if they even tried to do it.  

The Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard offers exclusive content and this can drive hardware sales and attract new players to the Xbox ecosystem.

Nope. It'll absolutely fall apart if the Microsoft did that and it's exactly why Xbox has chosen to let it remain a multi-platform title. By trying to make it exclusive, they'll end up driving away majority of the player base.

An Xbox-only Call of Duty title is definitely a very fantastic opportunity for Microsoft. It's way for them to create something unique and drive hardware sales as well. 

On 7/29/2024 at 2:21 PM, Lens said:

An Xbox-only Call of Duty title is definitely a very fantastic opportunity for Microsoft. It's way for them to create something unique and drive hardware sales as well. 

I think a remaster of a classic Call of Duty game could be a great idea for an Xbox-only exclusive. It would be a nostalgic moment for the gamers who loved the original game.

3 minutes ago, Button said:

I think a remaster of a classic Call of Duty game could be a great idea for an Xbox-only exclusive. It would be a nostalgic moment for the gamers who loved the original game.

What about the people who loved the original on Playstation?  This is ridiculous and it's a slap in the face to gamers.

Exclusive IP's and exclusive games on a platform are fine with me, but not like this.  And frankly, I find it amazing that anyone could sit down and typed that post out and not wince if the believe in a fair deal for people who buy video games.