Register Now
Smokey

Have you played the Final Fantasy 7 remake series yet?

With the release of Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth late last month, I just recently finished the original Remake and currently wrapping up the integrade DLC before jumping into Rebirth and it got me thinking. Have you played or finished the Remake series yet including the newest game Rebirth? What are your thoughts so far on the remake series? Do you like it better than the original Final Fantasy 7 from 1997?

I think I've mentioned this on another thread but the game was pretty good until they started the whole multiverse shenanigans which wasn't even a part of the original FF7. Multiverses in media tends to always ruin a series because it'll create more confusion regarding the plot.

On 4/27/2024 at 1:36 AM, Knight Barida said:

I have been getting some bad reviews about the changes that they made on the game and that is the reason I haven't played it at all. Unless there is a fix, I don't think that I am going to play the game.

Too late - they messed up the game by introducing multiverses so there's a whole lot of timeline paradoxes and other stuff that it'd take a whole thread to explain.

I haven't played the Remake series but I heard that it's a masterpiece. My friend told me that the way they reimagined the story, characters, and gameplay is purely genius. 

Actually, I've played the original Remake and I so much loved it. I would say that the updated combat, visuals, and character development were so amazing. 

Actually, I've finished the original Remake and Integrade DLC. Right now, I'm eager to start Rebirth. The Remake series have really exceeded my expectations.

On 7/9/2024 at 7:15 AM, Lens said:

I haven't played the Remake series but I heard that it's a masterpiece. My friend told me that the way they reimagined the story, characters, and gameplay is purely genius. 

Yeah - they added all kinds of new situations due to this multiverse thing. Now the story feels pretty inconsistent and disorganized.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:54 PM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - they added all kinds of new situations due to this multiverse thing. Now the story feels pretty inconsistent and disorganized.

I heard that the introduction of the multiverse concept has actually added complexity and lots of fans are actually complaining that it disrupted the original narrative.