Register Now
Kane99

Resident Evil 9 could be open-world?

On 7/9/2024 at 12:25 AM, killamch89 said:

Days gone was pretty decent to be fair and it would fall in a similar category as RE so maybe it's not such a bad thing? Hey, I'm not saying this is going to revolutionize the Resident Evil series but let's see how Capcom would implement it.

That's so true. Days Gone did receive some positive reviews and we already knew tha its has action-packed gameplay. Anyways, let's see what they'll come up with.

I really want to see Billy Coen return. It was never really revealed in RE0 if he was the guy who gave the go ahead to have the African villagers gunned down, when his unit could not go back to their base empty-handed. So a future game exploring this would be ideal, provided Capcom doesn't keep abandoning certain storylines that they introduced a long time ago. 

It doesn't even have to involve Rebecca. I just want to know if he is innocent, because he was last seen in the forest near the mansion. He left Rebecca and I assume she was gonna lie to the authorities. There has never been any conclusion to his arc. You know?

Unfortunately, I think the series will remain disjointed. Chris, Jill, Leon and co are Capcom's main money makers. A lot of other characters I feel will never be used again, because Capcom probably doesn't want to gamble on any mediocre tie in media.

8 hours ago, Lens said:

What I'm more interested about is seeing the series resolve the unfinished storylines. To me, Billy Coen's character, in particular, deserves closure. 

I agree with you on that. It's very eessential to address the existing storylines and characters. Capcom has been known with the habit of introducing characters, only to abandon them later. 

On 8/14/2024 at 4:20 AM, Lens said:

What I'm more interested about is seeing the series resolve the unfinished storylines. To me, Billy Coen's character, in particular, deserves closure. 

He had been going to feature in the series called Infinite Darkness, before they selected Leon. That's probably because Leon is in all the animated stuff so far. 

I'm hopeful he'll be back someday. Billy never did spill the beans to Rebecca about what really happened in Africa. So that's why I think he needs to return.

I also wonder about Nicholai. There's that alternate path where Jill can spare him, so he flies off. It would be nice if Capcom could develop a mini site or something, dedicated to revealing small things that need cleared up, like if they aren't willing to do a game to cover everything. You know?

A website of canonical fiction would be fine. Then it would at least be put to rest, since even Capcom has been too lazy to return to certain plot aspects. Or maybe it's just that they prefer to stick to the characters that make them the big dough, like Leon and Chris.