Register Now
killamch89

PlayStation VR 2 is selling so poorly Sony had to pause production

Why am I not surprised? I mean, first of all, it's extremely expensive. Secondly, it's far more limited in terms of capabilities compared to other VR devices in addition to being locked to the PS ecosystem. Of course it was bound to fail. Also, the fact that another PS peripheral device has failed spectacularly shouldn't surprise anyone. What are your thoughts about this?

I agree with your points.  The major drawback are the the high price point and limited capabilities.  Another one to consider is because it's exclusive to the PS. 

On 7/14/2024 at 8:36 AM, Lens said:

I agree with your points.  The major drawback are the the high price point and limited capabilities.  Another one to consider is because it's exclusive to the PS. 

Precisely - its cost is the same as a PS5. That's total insanity - I'm not surprised it sold poorly.

The high price point and limited capabilities are definitely a serious drawbacks for the PS5. Also, added to that is the exclusivity of the platform, which is a big limitation.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:41 AM, Button said:

The high price point and limited capabilities are definitely a serious drawbacks for the PS5. Also, added to that is the exclusivity of the platform, which is a big limitation.

Sony has some reconsidering to do with its virtual reality strategy. If VR is already a niche considered too expensive, Sony needs to do something about it. To me, a common PSVR 2 is very essential as such move could help Sony to have more penetration in the broader VR eco system.