Register Now
Kennysplash

AI; Do you really see it displacing the majority of human jobs?

This has been a really controversial topic. It cannot be denied that a lot of jobs have been lost to machines. But many still argue that AI cannot replace humans where it matters the most. 
The other day I saw a signboard in a construction site that says: “Hey chatgpt, can you complete this building?”

It was used to buttress the fact that many skills can still not be replaced by machines. 

On 4/30/2024 at 11:03 PM, Kennysplash said:

This has been a really controversial topic. It cannot be denied that a lot of jobs have been lost to machines. But many still argue that AI cannot replace humans where it matters the most. 
The other day I saw a signboard in a construction site that says: “Hey chatgpt, can you complete this building?”

It was used to buttress the fact that many skills can still not be replaced by machines. 

AI in its current form cannot replace the jobs of most humans that require an advanced skillset. However, it can help to enhance the efficiency of the work done by the few skilled people. 

On 5/21/2024 at 1:22 AM, killamch89 said:

AI in its current form cannot replace the jobs of most humans that require an advanced skillset. However, it can help to enhance the efficiency of the work done by the few skilled people. 

Of course there are some tasks that can be done faster and more efficiently with AI. We can see it making waves in such fields like writing, automation, videography etc. it can even assist those with practical skills to become better. 

The thing is that Ai will have its limits and won't get to the stage of replacing some key jobs such as teaching, entertainment, and the rest. You will see it playing out in the future. Jobs such as accounting and bookkeeping are already under threat by the Ai.

AI does seem to be becoming more advanced as the months go by but AI in its current state at the moment I don't believe has the potential to replace human jobs but instead, make jobs for humans less stressful. 

Who knows what could happen in 5 years or even 10 years time with how fast AI is advancing, I just hope it doesn't completely take over human jobs. 

On 6/18/2024 at 3:25 AM, Shortie said:

AI does seem to be becoming more advanced as the months go by but AI in its current state at the moment I don't believe has the potential to replace human jobs but instead, make jobs for humans less stressful. 

Who knows what could happen in 5 years or even 10 years time with how fast AI is advancing, I just hope it doesn't completely take over human jobs. 

This. Ai in its current state is nothing more than a huge gimmick that companies are trying to make profit from. To be honest, the improvements I've seen of AI over the past two years has been mediocre in my opinion. AI is supposed to be sentient or have some amount of autonomy to analyze data and come up with a solution on its own. This current iteration still require lots of human interaction to perform its tasks.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This. Ai in its current state is nothing more than a huge gimmick that companies are trying to make profit from. To be honest, the improvements I've seen of AI over the past two years has been mediocre in my opinion. AI is supposed to be sentient or have some amount of autonomy to analyze data and come up with a solution on its own. This current iteration still require lots of human interaction to perform its tasks.

Agreed, I also feel that as AI develops, humans will always be two steps ahead of AI development which will also prevent humans losing their jobs to AI. 

It would take a lot for AI to completely take over and I don't see that being possible any time soon. 

On 6/18/2024 at 9:25 AM, Shortie said:

There are a couple of jobs which Ai will struggle to replace, and one of it is entertainment. Let's see how everything will look like in the coming weeks, but trust me when I say that Ai is really going to change a lot in our society in terms of job security. 

On 6/26/2024 at 12:02 AM, Knight Barida said:

There are a couple of jobs which Ai will struggle to replace, and one of it is entertainment. Let's see how everything will look like in the coming weeks, but trust me when I say that Ai is really going to change a lot in our society in terms of job security. 

Anything that requires creative thinking basically. Some developer tried to develop a whole game using AI and ended up having to cancel it and admitting that it was a colossal failure.

On 6/26/2024 at 12:02 AM, Knight Barida said:

AI is a tool, and it's not going to replace the things that humans still need to build. Once people realize that AI is just a tool they can use to help them build things, they'll understand it won't replace anything else.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:45 PM, Cpvr said:

AI is a tool, and it's not going to replace the things that humans still need to build. Once people realize that AI is just a tool they can use to help them build things, they'll understand it won't replace anything else.

In the short term, it is meant to help improve efficiency but the long-term goal of most companies is for them to replace the humans that currently work for them. For instance, AI can run non-stop unless there's some kind of malfunction. Whereas humans need rest so we won't be able to do as much work.