Register Now
killamch89

Recognizing the Signs: When to Call It Quits in a Relationship?

Hey everyone, relationships are complex, and sometimes we reach a point where we wonder if it's time to end things. What are the red flags or signs that indicate it might be time to say goodbye?

On 5/15/2024 at 1:48 PM, The Blackangel said:

Sudden unexplained disconnect and lack of interest in their partner. Usually means the person is cheating. If they're cheating, then how much you may have loved them is irrelevant. Get out. Your partner isn't worthy of you if they're cheating on you.

Agreed. I still can't understand why some people get into a relationship just to later cheat on their partner. Like, what was the point wasting everyone's time? Why not stay single?

22 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I called it quits to a fiancé a while back for her trying to let her church control every aspect for our lives. 

I don't blame you. When a relationship is between two people, outside influences shouldn't decide how the relationship goes. You did the right thing because that was a relationship destined for failure.

59 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I don't blame you. When a relationship is between two people, outside influences shouldn't decide how the relationship goes. You did the right thing because that was a relationship destined for failure.

Yeah I'm glad I quit before things got way more complicated and dreary. I was going to church with her and the whole bit, but they started getting so controlling over our personal relationship so I stopped going. She would go to church alone and wouldn't wear my ring at church, but she wore it everywhere else. I warned her several times about it. And finally I said if you don't wear the ring at church then I'm taking it back. And sure enough I caught her again coming home from church w/o the ring so I took the ring back and the engagement was off. Under Texas law if the engagement is off then I get the ring back. It cost $5,000. Why should I let her keep it. She kept it in a safe like it was a stash instead of what it represented on her finger.  

On 5/21/2024 at 5:17 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah I'm glad I quit before things got way more complicated and dreary. I was going to church with her and the whole bit, but they started getting so controlling over our personal relationship so I stopped going. She would go to church alone and wouldn't wear my ring at church, but she wore it everywhere else. I warned her several times about it. And finally I said if you don't wear the ring at church then I'm taking it back. And sure enough I caught her again coming home from church w/o the ring so I took the ring back and the engagement was off. Under Texas law if the engagement is off then I get the ring back. It cost $5,000. Why should I let her keep it. She kept it in a safe like it was a stash instead of what it represented on her finger.  

You did yourself a favor. Everyone can worship who they want as long as it doesn't put a strain on the relationship. If it is, then it's best not to go any further.

Once a lady starts shouting at me, I always end up calling it quits. I don't even believe that it should get to that. I like calmness and peace of mind, and when a lady can not be able to provide that, I always believe that it is time to quit the relationship. 

There are a lot of red flags in a relationship.  One of the recent ones I came across is Love Bombing, where you rush into a relationship too quickly, often with grand gestures and signs of emotional manipulation

21 minutes ago, Ajay25 said:

There are a lot of red flags in a relationship.  One of the recent ones I came across is Love Bombing, where you rush into a relationship too quickly, often with grand gestures and signs of emotional manipulation

Excellent point - I despise gaslighting in a relationship. It says a lot about a potential part where rather than take accountability for their issues, they try to make you out to be the problem.

Quit as soon as you see there's no love left in it. Quit when you see your relationship as a car with no gas which is only moving forward because you are pushing it.