Register Now
Kane99

Ubisoft's The Division Heartland Officially Cancelled

Ubisoft has decided to cancel the upcoming Division Heartland game. I didn't even know that this game was announced back in 2021, but I guess it's been in the works since then. It was also their attempt to make their own free-to-play game in the series. Me thinks a live service game most likely. Ubisoft will instead put their resources into the upcoming XDefiant free-to-play game, and some to Rainbow Six Siege. 

The good news for Division fans, is that Ubisoft still looks to be working on a Division 3. 

Read more on this news here: https://mp1st.com/news/the-division-heartland-officially-cancelled

Posted (edited)

I remember the announcement and the empty void of nobody caring that followed.  Not exactly sad to see it cancelled.

Edited by Shagger

Honestly, I didn't even care if another Division game was being worked on. The first one was so boring and repetitive that I dropped the series altogether. If Ubisoft wanted to cancel a series, this is the first one I wanted to go.

As much as I did enjoy The Division in the early stages of its release, it's not a game I would jump back into quickly and have not missed playing it at all. 

XDefiant looks good and I believe with dedication, that could become a great game over time if they do things right.

15 hours ago, Shortie said:

As much as I did enjoy The Division in the early stages of its release, it's not a game I would jump back into quickly and have not missed playing it at all. 

XDefiant looks good and I believe with dedication, that could become a great game over time if they do things right.

There's also a game called The First Descendant which is a more promising looter-shooter and more entertaining with a better written story than The Division.

On 6/19/2024 at 12:08 AM, killamch89 said:

There's also a game called The First Descendant which is a more promising looter-shooter and more entertaining with a better written story than The Division.

I heard about this game but haven't checked it out as of yet. 

Will be checking this one out for sure, I do enjoy looter shooters, find them to be relaxing to play and they can keep me entertained for a long time. 

I'm not entirely surprised with this because it was actually supposed to be a free-to-play game, and frankly speaking, it could be hit or miss. Am I right? 🧐.

On 6/22/2024 at 12:46 PM, Shortie said:

I heard about this game but haven't checked it out as of yet. 

Will be checking this one out for sure, I do enjoy looter shooters, find them to be relaxing to play and they can keep me entertained for a long time. 

I'm not the biggest looter-shooter fan but it's a decent game and the best part is that they don't try to charge you for every single thing and the game is actually packed with content unlike The Division which felt like an empty void of a game.

On 7/9/2024 at 4:55 PM, killamch89 said:

I'm not the biggest looter-shooter fan but it's a decent game and the best part is that they don't try to charge you for every single thing and the game is actually packed with content unlike The Division which felt like an empty void of a game.

This is always a good thing, I find it to be too overwhelming when it comes to games that tend to do a lot of charging for everything in the game, especially if they keep content coming without the need to pay. 

I'm so suprised that despite the cancellation of Heartland, Ubisoft is still try to work on The Division 3 and The Division Resurgence, which are scheduled for release in 2024