Register Now
Kane99

What's the most obscure game console you've ever played?

MetalJesusRocks put out a video recently discussing some of the most obscure consoles he and his friends have played. A lot of the consoles mentioned I have never heard of. They really picked some pretty obscure ones. Though I'm sure some of you will recognize a few of them. Only thing I really knew was the Nintendo PlayStation prototype, and maybe a few of the handhelds that were mentioned, but the rest I don't recall ever hearing about. 

What are the most obscure consoles you've ever played? I'd say the Virtual Boy by Nintendo for me. And maybe a couple of those plug and play tv games you could get years ago. But I don't think I've really used or played anything that's really unknown or obscure enough. 

Honestly, I don't recognize A LOT of these consoles. I now feel like I've missed out on quite a bit. Funny enough, I had heard of the Sega Teradrive and it was due to the fact I used to watch Kamen Rider on a Japanese channel in the early 90s and they advertised it a few times.

I didn't know about any of the handhelds mentioned that were released mainly in Asian countries, but I knew about all the Sega stuff before watching the video being a Sega nerd. I knew about the Amiga CD 32 as well as the Amstrad console LGR mentioned. I didn't know about the mini Gamecube, the Yamaha Copera or the portable NES. I knew about the Nintendo Playstation as well, so I knew a good majority of these obscure game consoles lol.

Most obscure game console? Hmm........Does the Polymega count? 😛

if not, i'm not sure....probably a Tiger Game.com some years ago when I was younger. I always wanted one for Resident Evil 2 but looking back now, that console was pure garbage 😛

I've had the chance to play some  obscure consoles, but one that stands out  to me is  Sega Nomad. I've also had a chance to try the NEC TurboGrafx-16 too.  

2 hours ago, Lens said:

I've had the chance to play some  obscure consoles, but one that stands out  to me is  Sega Nomad. I've also had a chance to try the NEC TurboGrafx-16 too.  

The Sega Nomad is indeed great mention. I've also had the chance to play some obscure consoles, like the Atari Jaguar and the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer and they are awesome.