Register Now
killamch89

How Many of You Keep an Eye on Music Charts?

Do any of you regularly follow music charts, like Billboard or Spotify's Top 50? Whether it's for discovering new hits or just out of curiosity, I'm interested in knowing if keeping tabs on these charts is still a thing for music enthusiasts. And if you do, what draws you to it?

Honestly, I only check the Billboard charts or top Spotify songs when one of my favorite artists drops a new song to see how their new song is doing.

Other than that, I don’t check it too often.

I used to listen to the music charts routinely every week years ago, would always have the radio playing with the chart show to find out who the number one was that week. 

Nowadays, I don't tend to pay much attention to the charts and tend to only check if I see something online about someone being number one or if I know of a new song released and I am curious how well it did in the charts on the first week of release. 

On 6/23/2024 at 12:52 PM, Shortie said:

I used to listen to the music charts routinely every week years ago, would always have the radio playing with the chart show to find out who the number one was that week. 

Nowadays, I don't tend to pay much attention to the charts and tend to only check if I see something online about someone being number one or if I know of a new song released and I am curious how well it did in the charts on the first week of release. 

Same here - I haven't checked it in years. If I like a song, we'll it doesn't matter to me if mainstream media doesn't like it. I listen to what I like not what's popular.

On 6/27/2024 at 3:28 PM, killamch89 said:

Same here - I haven't checked it in years. If I like a song, we'll it doesn't matter to me if mainstream media doesn't like it. I listen to what I like not what's popular.

I’m the same way. I’m more into underground artists than mainstream except for certain artists. I don’t like what they play on the radio all the time.

Edited by Cpvr