Register Now
Kane99

Tenchu needs to make a comeback after Nioh and Rise of the Ronins popularity

I'm surprised that the Tenchu series hasn't been a thing in a long time. The last big Tenchu release I believe was with Tenchu Z. Which came out all the way back in 2007. They came out with another game a year later, but it was a digital only release called Shadow Assault: Tenchu, and it didn't do so well. And the very last game, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins was released in 2008 for the Wii and in 2009 for the PSP. But it's been radio silent when it comes to the franchise since. 

With the rise in popularity of games like Nioh and Rise of the Ronin recently, it made me wonder if we could one day see a new game in the Tenchu series, or maybe a whole reboot. It looks like FromSoftware still owns the IP.

I remember Tenchu as well and I used to play it on the PS1. This is somewhat of a tricky because on one hand, Tenchu has a relatively large fanbase. However, would most people be interested in a Tenchu game right now?

Tenchu? OMG, I remembered sneaking around as Rikimaru or Ayame and taking down all the enemies with stealth and precision which was really exciting then ☺️