Register Now
Knight Barida

The connection between Religion and Politics

@Reality vs Adventure I am truly sorry for what your sisters, your family and yourself have gone through, I really am, but that does not excuse what you said. What your saying here is that what this child went through is a good thing because it helps you prove your point.  Just think about that. 

A child being molested is nothing to celebrate no matter what the circumstances.  You and your family have been through more than your fair share of tragedies and I sympathise greatly.  However, there will never be enough tragedies that any person(s) or family can go though that would justify celebrating a child being sexually molested.  Again, I am so sorry for what your family has gone through and I hope that you have gotten or will get justice for that, but it has nothing to do with that child being molested.  Not does it have anything directly to do with politics either based on how you described it.

What I'm addressing is what you did with that post, and that was just about as selfish, insensitive and callous as it gets.  You don't celebrate people being hurt because it suits your point of view. 

I know that it's also not the first time somebody has done this.  I've seen politicians and political groups (representing both sides) do similar things and it's no better when they do it either.  What you and them all have in common is that you don't understand that there's a difference between a martyr and victim.

How would you feel about your sister's death being celebrated by somebody because they saw it as an opportunity to tear into the Mormon community, Christians or whatever?  I'm sure, or for your sake desperately hope, that you would not approve.

And please, please tell me that you would not approve because the alternative is so much worse.  Trust me when I tell you neither of us wants me hold up that mirror, but I will if I have to.  Not on the forum though, it will be through a DM.  Again, I'm begging you, please don't force me to play this hand.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

@Reality vs Adventure I am truly sorry for what your sisters, your family and yourself have gone through, I really am, but that does not excuse what you said. What your saying here is that what this child went through is a good thing because it helps you prove your point.  Just think about that. 

A child being molested is nothing to celebrate no matter what the circumstances.  You and your family have been through more than your fair share of tragedies and I sympathise greatly.  However, there will never be enough tragedies that any person(s) or family can go though that would justify celebrating a child being sexually molested.  Again, I am so sorry for what your family has gone through and I hope that you have gotten or will get justice for that, but it has nothing to do with that child being molested.  Not does it have anything directly to do with politics either based on how you described it.

What I'm addressing is what you did with that post, and that was just about as selfish, insensitive and callous as it gets.  You don't celebrate people being hurt because it suits your point of view. 

I know that it's also not the first time somebody has done this.  I've seen politicians and political groups (representing both sides) do similar things and it's no better when they do it either.  What you and them all have in common is that you don't understand that there's a difference between a martyr and victim.

How would you feel about your sister's death being celebrated by somebody because they saw it as an opportunity to tear into the Mormon community, Christians or whatever?  I'm sure, or for your sake desperately hope, that you would not approve.

And please, please tell me that you would not approve because the alternative is so much worse.  Trust me when I tell you neither of us wants me hold up that mirror, but I will if I have to.  Not on the forum though, it will be through a DM.  Again, I'm begging you, please don't force me to play this hand.

I am mocking politics and religion. I'm sorry my blatant satire offended you in my post about Trump's spiritual advisor. I am sorry for all the children who have ever been abused. I'm sorry sisters, didn't mean to offend you. I am being accused of not caring about you. I'm being accused of using you for political gain. Well, when a person can't mock reality anymore because it's too sensitive, then it just stays quiet. People need some kind of outlet, and mine was here, mocking a fake christian running to be president.  A guy selling bibles whose spiritual advisor was a child molester. A party wanting to force religion into government. You don't think this is sensitive for me too? To grow up in that environment? We have shed tears for four decades. I think you blew this all out of proportion because now I'm the one who feels violated by opening up so much. No wonder people always shut the fuck up and keep everything inside. 

10 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I am mocking politics and religion. I'm sorry my blatant satire offended you in my post about Trump's spiritual advisor. I am sorry for all the children who have ever been abused. I'm sorry sisters, didn't mean to offend you. I am being accused of not caring about you. I'm being accused of using you for political gain. Well, when a person can't mock reality anymore because it's too sensitive, then it just stays quiet. People need some kind of outlet, and mine was here, mocking a fake christian running to be president.  A guy selling bibles whose spiritual advisor was a child molester. A party wanting to force religion into government. You don't think this is sensitive for me too? To grow up in that environment? We have shed tears for four decades. I think you blew this all out of proportion because now I'm the one who feels violated by opening up so much. No wonder people always shut the fuck up and keep everything inside. 

You can mock Trump, Republicans and religious zealots all you want, just don't celebrate a child being abused in the process if you don't mind. I don't think that's much to ask for.  If your original post had read something like this;

21 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Here's more religious dirt. Pastor of Texas Megachurch, Robert Morris, has admitted to molesting a child. This same guy was Trump's spiritual advisor WHILE HE WAS PRESIDENT!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dallas-megachurch-pastor-robert-morris-resignation-b2565418.html

Whilst this is clearly a tragedy, it does show the kind of people republicans and religious leaders are.... (and so on, in your own words)

Then I would haven taken no issue with it.  Seeing somebody as ecstatic as you were over a child being molested because it provided you with political ammo really bothered me.  It didn't feel right.  But, I'm happy to drop it now.  I am glad you shared your story and I wish nothing but the best for you and your family going forward.

Edited by Shagger

Let's get off the sexual assault subject. I was molested as a child and sexually assaulted as an adult. I only mention that because as someone who has gone through it, keeping this argument going is twisting the knife in the open wound. If you're wanting to talk about sexual crimes, make a new thread and keep it there. The ones who have been victims of such, are the ones who don't want to be forced to think about it.