Register Now
Kane99

Check out what Sony thinks gaming and tech will look like in 10 years.

Found an article that talks about a new video Sony released showcasing what could be coming in the future, called their "Creative Entertainment Vision", or just general ideas of what could come. They showcase handheld devices, some that look like a new smartphone. But the main focus for this topic is the gaming controller they showcase. It looks extremely futuristic, and honestly kind of funny looking. To me it all looks like some graphic artist decided to mess around and make a mockup of what gaming could look like in the future. 

You can find the article here: https://www.ign.com/articles/what-might-a-playstation-controller-look-like-10-years-from-now-sony-has-an-idea?

Sony seems very ambitious with all these fancy looking product ideas though. I got a laugh out of the phone idea they showcased in the video below. Reminded me of The Office episodes when they had that triangle tablet. 

I doubt their controllers or devices will look like this in the next 10 years though. 

This was a mismash of a lot of creative ideas, and they're all very futuristic but it's interesting.  For example, from what I saw in the video, they had everything from a 3D simulated environment, handheld devices, billboards, an entertainment park, etc.  

I think the ones that are most likely to come ot consumers are the wearables, handheld, and thin-devices.  They're the same things as what we have today with our controllers, smartphones, glasses, and more, but thinner and easier to work with.  

3 hours ago, CharlesK said:

This was a mismash of a lot of creative ideas, and they're all very futuristic but it's interesting.  For example, from what I saw in the video, they had everything from a 3D simulated environment, handheld devices, billboards, an entertainment park, etc.  

I think the ones that are most likely to come ot consumers are the wearables, handheld, and thin-devices.  They're the same things as what we have today with our controllers, smartphones, glasses, and more, but thinner and easier to work with.  

Same thing I was thinking. Although, maybe a new kind of energy source is found that is renewable by solar and lunar energy thus powering our devices everywhere we go.

On 5/23/2024 at 4:04 PM, CharlesK said:

They believe that it is going to be possible and I must say that nothing is impossible when it comes to the gaming world as we have a lot of creative minds that are working smart everyday to ensure we have better gaming experience. 

Seeing how far we have come with technology and gaming already, I can only imagine what the future holds for both gaming and technology in the years to come. 

I will admit, this does look awesome and with the technology and ways to play video games we have now, some of this may very well be possible in the next 10 years. 

I'm loving the vibes that Sony is giving us here. They’ve always given us Creative Entertainment . It’s very amazing to see how far technology has come and also where it's actually headed to.