Register Now
kensonplays

Big Discounts on some Steam games!

I was looking through Steam, and found some sales on some good games that ya'll may enjoy:

image.png.23ed2df24c7edaa0333e617ad32cb661.png

image.png.00be1b17aa726fe3e61a225568febdcd.png

image.png.39aafaac1a3a0db67c92748dc4f060ca.png

image.png.1f8a64c9a590da10056595f8447a432b.png

I know Elite Dangerous' sale isn't going to last much longer. I wish they'd show the sale end date above the % off, tbh.

image.png.b7e03d6127816ab13b0a4212e5b0ecdb.png

Here's a MOBA & Hero Shooter combined that needs support. It's died 1-2x already thanks to Overwatch, but the community hasn't given up on it, just needs more people to know about it!

@kensonplays

We do have Guidelines and Rules concerning threads on this sub forum.  These rules cover the allowed and disallowed content and format threads need to follow in this sub-forum are in place to prevent the posting of affiliate links and spam.  Since this thread is clearly neither of those things, I'll take no action, but please read, understand and try to adhere these rules in the future.

Am confused. There are no links, it clearly says Steam, shows games and price. Only thing I'm not seeing is the end dates, which honestly should be something steam does on the listing, not us.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kensonplays said:

Am confused. There are no links, it clearly says Steam, shows games and price. Only thing I'm not seeing is the end dates, which honestly should be something steam does on the listing, not us.

I'm going to post the guidelines and go through them point by point to help you better understand the purpose and what the policy is asking you to do.   The TL;DR is these rules are ion place too prevent spam, phishing scams and unpermitted promotional posts and affiliate post.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:36 PM, DC said:

What to Post

This section is for game and gaming-related deals only. That means you can share discounts on video games, subscriptions, and anything else game-related (i.e. PS Plus or Xbox Games with Gold, Epic’s free games, and so forth).

Fairly self explanatory for most part.  This is a gaming forum, we don't want people telling us great deals on car insurance or power tools, it's not what this forum is about.

Please include only the sale price in your post, not the standard list price.

It's a common spam tactic to post a link to "this game I just happened to find and I'm TOTALLY not associated with" on Steam and other platforms whether it's discounted or not.  This helps root such posts out.  Besides, the sub-forum is called "Video Game Deals", there no place in it for games at full price.

We ask that you do your best to only share links to discounts from trusted sellers. What is a trusted seller? Obviously any official source (i.e. the PlayStation Store) is a trusted seller, or a major retailer like GameStop or Best Buy.

As far as resellers go, speaking for myself, I am very uncomfortable with key resellers. Please only include deals from key resellers you have personally dealt with in the past and had good experiences with. A short summary of your experience would be appreciated.

This part is obviously involves a judgment call on the part of both the one posting the deal and moderation team.  You might trust a seller that I don't and vice versa, so it's your responsibility to choose your seller wisely and justify that choice if requested by one of the mod team.  In this case, your deals are on Steam, something that is obviously a trusted seller, so this isn't relevant in this case, but it's worth remembering.

Post Formatting

All posts need to include:

• The item
  • The sale price
  • The website where the deal can be claimed
  • When the deal begins and ends

On top of the aforementioned reason of only wanting discounted video games talked about here, having a format to follow make spam posts more easily spotted as they tend to be copy-pasted from a generic text. This format also just helps posts remain accurate and people can have all the information they need and not get confused if they click on a link to a discounted game after the deal has ended to go to a game that's full price.  That's why it's YOUR responsibility to include and end date date for the deal in you post. The images you posted do not show when these deals end, you have to mention it.

Do NOT use any hyperlinks, shortened URLs or affiliate links. If you do, your post will be removed.

This is the part whare you have gotten a little confused.  We WANT you to include links to the deals, it's kind of necessary, what we don't want is people posting misleading and/or dangerous links.  I'm going to do a mock post of the Planet Coaster deal you mentioned to show you what I'm on about.  You don't have to format you post on video game deals exactly like this, just consider this a guide.

Hi VGR.

Just saw this discount on Planet Coaster on Steam and wanted to share it.

image_2024-05-24_233033746.thumb.png.e0a077e16b19a85ecc2d41531f2e624b.png

There is nothing wrong with including an image to show the offer.  It's actually a good idea as it helps prove the offer's legitimacy and shows a lot of additional information.  The image I have used I sniped from the game's sore page on the desktop app.  That's a good place to take the shot from as the end date of the offer is actually displayed, so that base is now covered along with the item, the sale price and what website/store the offer is available on.  You'll notice I still list those things anyway because it's a good habit.

As you can see, the is a 95% discount on Steam running until the 30th of May 2024 (I highly recommend writing out an end date full like this including the year as somebody might come across this the years after it was posted and cause confusion. Use of a numbered date numbered date can also cause confusion as some counties format it differently than others.)  bringing a £29.99 game down to £1.49 (Show the price as you see it on your local store page, let others worry about currency conversions.  If you wish to show the price in another currency as a courtesy you can, I often do as I live outside the US, but don't consider it necessary.).  Find the game on offer at this link:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493340/Planet_Coaster/ (This is the kind of link that IS allowed.  The bare link that has not been shortened or hidden so the person reading can see it's genuine)

This is a hyperlink.  This tool is accessible in the tool tab above the text box by clicking on the icon highlighted in the image below.  If you click on this, you'll find it still goes to the Steam store page for Planet Coaster, but it can be used to hide the destination URL, so these are NOT permitted in this sub-forum for security reasons. They are free to use elsewhere on the forum. (Shortened URL's like this one I generated that also goes to the Planet Coaster store page https://shorturl.at/KHXqj are also banned for the same reason, but unlike hyperlinks are not welcome anywhere on the forum.)

892915657_Screenshot2024-05-25000407.jpg.2fc7a5f76a1ef27d20cd1e5cd243ff3d.jpg

To summarize: (This is something I like to do just to make sure I hit all the points)

• This is for the game Planet Coaster
  • This deal is on Steam at the link provided https://store.steampowered.com/app/493340/Planet_Coaster/
  • The game is on offer at £1.49 instead of the usual £29.99
  • The Deal is on at the time of this posting and runs until the 30th of May (You may have noticed I didn't include the "required" start date.  That's because the Steam page doesn't list it.  Saying this can help get around that problem, but if there is no start date for the offer, you don't need to include it.  Just be sure the deal has been made available at the time you post about it.  However, for the reasons I explained earlier, the end date must be included.)

As always, these rules and guidelines are subject to change without notice, so please check on them regularly.

This last part is fairly self explanatory. This policy of the these rules and guidelines being subject to change without notice applied both here and for our Overall Forum Rules and Guidelines, so try to remember to check in on these rules from time to time.

I hope that clears everything up.

Edited by Shagger