Register Now
Kane99

Silent Hill Transmission stream coming May 30th

Konami and Silent Hill will be doing a stream on May 30th that will go over new details on the upcoming games, including Silent Hill 2, and talk on the new Silent Hill movie. That's mostly what I am psyched for. I'm hoping they reveal a few new trailers for the games, along with the movie so we can get an idea of what it's going to look like. 

The stream will take place on the Silent Hill YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/@silenthillofficial/featured

Usually they have a live stream you can follow for when it does go live, but it doesn't seem to be up at the moment. Do you hope they announce some other projects? I know they have Silent Hill f. But you also got Annapurna Interactive’s Silent Hill: Townfall which we might see more of. 

Well, I was somewhat disappointed. I was hoping we would get some update about Townfall and f because they were announced over a year and a half ago. It feels like ages now since that first showcase took place, as that was way back in October of 2022. But then nothing happened besides the new movie being shown, and SH2 getting a not so well received new trailer and combat footage.

So we get Summer Game Fest on the 7th. I see Annapurna Interactive is there, and I was thinking that maybe we'll get some news on Townfall, as there was a hint on X last December, I believe. Only they showed off another game. I was left feeling sad. 

I noticed the Silent Hill Community forum is currently offline again. It was gone for over 3 months the last time this happened, which I think was last year or the year before.

😑

Edited by Knight Plug
My phone suddenly went sluggish on me.

On 6/11/2024 at 3:33 AM, Knight Plug said:

Well, I was somewhat disappointed. I was hoping we would get some update about Townfall and f because they were announced over a year and a half ago. It feels like ages now since that first showcase took place, as that was way back in October of 2022. But then nothing happened besides the new movie being shown, and SH2 getting a not so well received new trailer and combat footage.

So we get Summer Game Fest on the 7th. I see Annapurna Interactive is there, and I was thinking that maybe we'll get some news on Townfall, as there was a hint on X last December, I believe. Only they showed off another game. I was left feeling sad. 

I noticed the Silent Hill Community forum is currently offline again. It was gone for over 3 months the last time this happened, which I think was last year or the year before.

😑

I wasn't surprised that Konami disappointed everyone again. As I and others have been saying for years, Konami is the definition of failure - I'm surprised they didn't announce a new Pachinko machine. That's one of the main things they seem interested in.

On 6/17/2024 at 3:16 AM, Knight Plug said:

The community knows Konami is just trying to play catch up with Capcom. 🤣

333762834_images(1).jpeg.0c869f0cee9a164724b1fa13d2209ac9.jpeg

To be honest, as much as Capcom has been messing up lately, It'd take a few more years of this before you can even compare the two of them.

I think the games will probably all be mediocre. Silent Hill while it has its many fans, ain't anywhere as commercially appealing as RE is. And not having Team Silent to work on the series any longer is just gonna mean that they will likely serve up average titles from indie studios.

Only title that i was interested in is the SH2 remake. The other one ehh.......I played "A short message" and it wasn't anything special.

I don't like some changes they made for SH2 though so i might hold off for a sale. 

23 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

I think the games will probably all be mediocre. Silent Hill while it has its many fans, ain't anywhere as commercially appealing as RE is. And not having Team Silent to work on the series any longer is just gonna mean that they will likely serve up average titles from indie studios.

The best thing Konami can do for the series is to sell the Silent Hill IP.