Register Now
Heatman

Do you think Manchester United will still sack Ten Hag?

Manchester United have had a very bad season all through except for being able to win the FA Cup which gave them a direct ticket to play in Europe next year. They ended up finishing 8th in the EPL table which was very bad for a club of their standard. 

There have been talks about sacking the manager Ten Hag before their FA Cup final match against Manchester City which he managed to win. This have delayed having him sacked as they planned if he had lost. 

Do you think he's going stay in charge of Manchester United next season? 

They are not going to sack him. Most of the managers that were in the market to replace him have ended up signing for new clubs. So, the chance of Eric staying at Manchester United is higher now.

On 5/31/2024 at 3:21 PM, Knight Barida said:

They are not going to sack him. Most of the managers that were in the market to replace him have ended up signing for new clubs. So, the chance of Eric staying at Manchester United is higher now.

Personally, I believe that it is going to be in their best interest not to sack the man because if they should end up relieving him of his duties, Manchester United is going to sinking far deeper how they have sunk over the years. 

On 6/3/2024 at 10:32 AM, Heatman said:

Personally, I believe that it is going to be in their best interest not to sack the man because if they should end up relieving him of his duties, Manchester United is going to sinking far deeper how they have sunk over the years. 

Well, it is also dependent on who the next manager is going to be. Someone like Thomas Tuchel can end up doing a great job for the team if he gets the job.

If they wanted to sack Ten Hag, they'd have done so right after the FA Cup Final. Thomas Tuchel also rejected the United job and the manager market is very poor at the moment. Bayern signed Vincent Kompany as manager - a guy who got Burnley relegated. It's one of the managerial appointments that I just don't quite get.

On 6/5/2024 at 7:01 PM, Knight Barida said:

Well, it is also dependent on who the next manager is going to be. Someone like Thomas Tuchel can end up doing a great job for the team if he gets the job.

Thomas Tuchel ended up rejecting the Manchester United job. They approached him but he told them he's not interested which was big blow in their plans. They have decided to stick with Ten Hag. 

On 6/13/2024 at 11:25 AM, Heatman said:

Thomas Tuchel ended up rejecting the Manchester United job. They approached him but he told them he's not interested which was big blow in their plans. They have decided to stick with Ten Hag. 

I knew this was going to happen. Once I saw Man United dragging their feet with sacking Ten Hag, I knew he was staying.

On 6/17/2024 at 2:32 AM, killamch89 said:

I knew this was going to happen. Once I saw Man United dragging their feet with sacking Ten Hag, I knew he was staying.

Exactly! I would actually say that it is him winning the FA Cup against Manchester City that was the deal breaker for them in having him sacked because I know that if he had lost that final, they would have sacked him immediately after the match or the next morning. 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:02 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly! I would actually say that it is him winning the FA Cup against Manchester City that was the deal breaker for them in having him sacked because I know that if he had lost that final, they would have sacked him immediately after the match or the next morning. 

And it would've been deserved. Not only that, but now he's getting a new contract. Man United are finished - at any other big club, Ten Hag would've been sacked midway through the season. I'm not even a Man United fan and it feels like torture watching them play football.

On 6/27/2024 at 9:59 PM, killamch89 said:

And it would've been deserved. Not only that, but now he's getting a new contract. Man United are finished - at any other big club, Ten Hag would've been sacked midway through the season. I'm not even a Man United fan and it feels like torture watching them play football.

I would say that injuries that the club had last season impacted so much on their level of playing because I wouldn't really consider him a bad manager because in his first season, he did very well. I'm just hoping that when they have finalized their transfer this season, things will change. 

On 7/3/2024 at 1:13 PM, Heatman said:

I would say that injuries that the club had last season impacted so much on their level of playing because I wouldn't really consider him a bad manager because in his first season, he did very well. I'm just hoping that when they have finalized their transfer this season, things will change. 

We'll see what happens but some of his signings like Antony have been horrendous flops and don't get me started on Onana. I hope they start making more sensible transfers.

On 7/9/2024 at 5:09 PM, killamch89 said:

We'll see what happens but some of his signings like Antony have been horrendous flops and don't get me started on Onana. I hope they start making more sensible transfers.

I agree with both of you on this argument.  We all know that injuries last season were a huge setback for the team, and it's so unfair to judge the manager solely on that basis. 

On 7/12/2024 at 1:58 AM, Lens said:

I agree with both of you on this argument.  We all know that injuries last season were a huge setback for the team, and it's so unfair to judge the manager solely on that basis. 

But even when those players were fit and playing, the quality of the football never really improved that much.

On 7/9/2024 at 5:09 PM, killamch89 said:

With how the pre season is going now, I'm impressed with the new defender Yoro. Onana is actually good but United need defenders that can play a high line. 

On 7/21/2024 at 10:42 AM, Heatman said:

With how the pre season is going now, I'm impressed with the new defender Yoro. Onana is actually good but United need defenders that can play a high line. 

We'll see Yoro against more stern opposition in the season. We've seen players play like World-class athletes in preseason only to absolutely flop throughout the season.