Register Now
Kane99

You can now play games on YouTube via Playables

Posted (edited)

This is actually pretty cool. Not sure I will really bother to use this, but it's nice to have I suppose. YouTube recently gave YouTubers access to over 75 games that they can play for free right on the platform. When on YouTube, hover over to the "Explore" area and look for "Playables". Clicking on that, will bring you to a page with mobile style video games. And it works fairly well. Tried the Draw Climber game and it works really well on browser. 

You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/playables

Edited by Kane99

Huh this is interesting, I didn't know Youtube decided to add some games to the platform. Reminds me of the days when Facebook had games like Mafia Wars and Farmville, though I'm sure these games are more interactive than those ones. I'm surprised they're also offering it for free, you'd think this would be a feature only for those who have Youtube Premium.

I’d rather Youtube focus on videos and not Games, but I can see why they want to offer Games as well. It’s an interesting move on their part, but I’m not interested in playing games on Youtube.

Edited by Cpvr

How did I miss this? This is interesting. I will admit, I prefer to use YouTube for watching videos and uploading my own videos and watching YouTube Shorts on the platform as well has been something I do a lot of now too. 

This could be interesting if you have some time to kill and want to do something to pass that time. 

To be honest, I'm actually so excited about this new feature. I love watching videos on YouTube a whole lot, but sometimes I also want to do something that is more interactive. Now, with Playables, I can do just that, Which is amazing to me.