Register Now
Heatman

Sleeping in bed or couch?

Where do you find it easy to sleep at night or even whenever you feel sleepy? Do you find it more comfortable to sleep in the bed or do you prefer sleeping in the couch? 

Personally, it's the couch or even floor most of the time for me. I sleep in my bed once in a while especially when it's too cold. 

How about you? 

When I was a kid, my bedroom was too small to have a bed in it so I would sleep on the couch. I slept on the couch from the time I was around 5 to the time I moved out of my parent's house. Now I have a bed that I sleep in, and I don't even have a couch in my living area. Sometimes I might take a nap on my in law's couch if I'm upstairs watching a show or movie, but that's rare.

Bed - I have a king size bed and once I lay down in it, I usually cannot be bothered to get back up. It's extremely comfortable and has lasted me for close to 7 years now. It was a great investment in my opinion.

On 6/11/2024 at 1:23 AM, killamch89 said:

Bed - I have a king size bed and once I lay down in it, I usually cannot be bothered to get back up. It's extremely comfortable and has lasted me for close to 7 years now. It was a great investment in my opinion.

It's the same size of bed that I have in my bedroom but that's not the problem for me because what's my biggest issue is that my body feels too hot. Whenever I lay in bed, my body heats up to the extent I wouldn't feel comfortable! 

On 6/17/2024 at 7:53 PM, Cpvr said:

I generally always sleep in my bed as it’s my favorite place to get my rest. 

Same here. Even when I want to take a nap, I get off the couch and go sleep in my bed.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:53 AM, Cpvr said:

I generally always sleep in my bed as it’s my favorite place to get my rest. 

I have heard about water bed or foam, I can't remember exactly the one they call it. I don't know if it's something that's going to good for my kind of body. When I'm remodeling my house again, I'll have it looked into. 

I have in the past fell asleep on the couch if there have been days where I have been feeling unwell and I have laid down and fell asleep, I also remember when I went to sleepovers at friends houses when I was younger, sometimes we would sleep on the floor. Both the couch and the floor are two places that I could never sleep more than I would have to. 

I much prefer to sleep in a bed. 

On 6/21/2024 at 12:03 PM, Heatman said:

I have heard about water bed or foam, I can't remember exactly the one they call it. I don't know if it's something that's going to good for my kind of body. When I'm remodeling my house again, I'll have it looked into. 

I don’t trust water beds. My parents had one when I was younger and it had a malfunction & caught fire. 

Futon beds are pretty comfortable.

Edited by Cpvr

10 hours ago, Knight Plug said:

So if a guest comes around to stay the night, who gets the futon and who gets the bed? 😋

Bed  for me. I have a spare room with a bed and if that's not enough space, have an inflatable air mattress so there's plenty of space to sleep for everyone.

On 8/21/2024 at 4:43 AM, Knight Plug said:

So if a guest comes around to stay the night, who gets the futon and who gets the bed? 😋

They’ll get the futon. I’m taking the bed.