Register Now
Heatman

Even had your haircut by yourself?

I've seen some people that find it very easy to give themselves a haircut without them  going to the barber salon but this is something I cannot be able to pull off because I don't have a steady hands to do it. The first time I tried it out, I made a very big mess of my hair. 

Have you ever given yourself a haircut? 

I've only got one haircut at home, and it was from my mother in law. She didn't do such a good job, so she just ended up giving me a buzz cut. I'd rather just go to the barber, since they know what they're doing. I know hair grows back but man I don't want to look weird lol.

I've cut my own hair before but it was more of an emergency kind of thing where I had to go to an event during Covid and getting to my barber was difficult at the time so I did it myself.

I cut my own hair all the time for the past few years now. It's easy to do. The hardest part is making the back even, the shave line. I got tired of spending $20 plus a tip for a haircut, a simple haircut at that and then make small talk to someone all up in my business. I actually did shave my head once like an insane psychopath similar to that movie Natural Born Killers when he shaved his head. Except I was drunk, going nuts do to personal family issues, and left scabs on my head. It did feel like a giant weight lifted from me though when I did that. So, beware a skin head with skabs, they are going through something. 

On 6/11/2024 at 4:00 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I cut my own hair all the time for the past few years now. It's easy to do. The hardest part is making the back even, the shave line. I got tired of spending $20 plus a tip for a haircut, a simple haircut at that and then make small talk to someone all up in my business. I actually did shave my head once like an insane psychopath similar to that movie Natural Born Killers when he shaved his head. Except I was drunk, going nuts do to personal family issues, and left scabs on my head. It did feel like a giant weight lifted from me though when I did that. So, beware a skin head with skabs, they are going through something. 

I did that one but it wasn't because I was going through any serious personally stuff but I was trying to blend into an awkward environment I found myself in at the time. I needed to look like a mean psychopath at that time which was roughly 3 months. I never did that again after I was out from there. 

On 6/13/2024 at 11:38 AM, Heatman said:

I did that one but it wasn't because I was going through any serious personally stuff but I was trying to blend into an awkward environment I found myself in at the time. I needed to look like a mean psychopath at that time which was roughly 3 months. I never did that again after I was out from there. 

This is a very interesting story, where did you go exactly?

On 6/19/2024 at 5:54 AM, Knight Plug said:

Yes. I use my own clippers, then off it goes. 😚

I'm going to do it when I move countries. At least, until I can find a good barber.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This is a very interesting story, where did you go exactly? 

There was a gang war going on at the moment and I happen to be running a professional program in that community where the gang war was happening. I had to blend in completely in that community in order for me not to be made a scape goat victim or seen as a spy in their environment. 

I would always go myself or take my kids to the barbers for haircuts but when the COVID-19 Pandemic hit and all hairdressers closed for a good while, me and my daughter found ways to be able to cut each others hair in a way that it would not get messed up and would give us the style we wanted. 

I also learned how to cut my three sons hair throughout that time from home. 

Now me, my daughter and my three sons all have our hair cut at home rather than going to the hairdressers.