Register Now
killamch89

Have You Ever Won a Radio Contest?

I'm curious if anyone here has ever won a radio contest. What was the contest, and what did you win? How did it all happen? Any funny or interesting stories related to your win? I've always wondered what it's like to hear your name announced as the winner on air.

I have never won a radio contest but I remember years ago, my mum was out in town whilst me and my brothers were in school and the local radio station she listened to was in the town on that day. 

She went to check things out and got pulled up and asked if she wanted to take part in a contest, she agreed and got the answer right and she won the latest album at the time that was released by Wet Wet Wet. She was over the moon as she was a fan of the band. 

On 6/5/2024 at 12:46 PM, Knight Barida said:

When I used to listen to the radio station, I won some money for being able to complete the lyrics of an old song done by the Backstreet boys. I was broke then, and winning the money made me feel so happy.

That's awesome! I've never been that lucky. Somebody would normally beat me to it.

On 6/18/2024 at 4:00 AM, Shortie said:

I have never won a radio contest but I remember years ago, my mum was out in town whilst me and my brothers were in school and the local radio station she listened to was in the town on that day. 

She went to check things out and got pulled up and asked if she wanted to take part in a contest, she agreed and got the answer right and she won the latest album at the time that was released by Wet Wet Wet. She was over the moon as she was a fan of the band. 

That's great. If only I had that kind of luck...

On 6/19/2024 at 7:44 PM, killamch89 said:

That's great. If only I had that kind of luck...

I know what you mean, I never seem to get that kind of luck and my mum used to always say the same thing. It seems this was a one-off for her and she happened to be in the right place at the right time.