Register Now
killamch89

Exploring the Art of Poetry: What Poetry Have You Penned?

Poetry is a window into the soul, a canvas for expression, and a language of emotions. Whether you're a seasoned poet or just dipping your toes into the world of verse, we want to hear from you! Share your favorite poems, discuss your poetic journey, or seek feedback on your latest creation.

I do enjoy some light dabbling in poetry

Over the weekend, I started putting together a poem ... 

In the sunlit morning, soft and bright, My cat sits, a quiet knight, With emerald eyes that softly gleam, In the dance of the daylight beam.

Perched upon the window sill, He watches the world, serene and still. A flutter of leaves, a bird in flight, Each moment fills him with pure delight.

His whiskers twitch in silent awe, At mysteries that he never saw. The world beyond, so vast, so grand, A place he doesn’t understand.

On 6/4/2024 at 7:39 PM, Bilita said:

I do enjoy some light dabbling in poetry

Over the weekend, I started putting together a poem ... 

In the sunlit morning, soft and bright, My cat sits, a quiet knight, With emerald eyes that softly gleam, In the dance of the daylight beam.

Perched upon the window sill, He watches the world, serene and still. A flutter of leaves, a bird in flight, Each moment fills him with pure delight.

His whiskers twitch in silent awe, At mysteries that he never saw. The world beyond, so vast, so grand, A place he doesn’t understand.

I like it - so short and sweet. Do you write poems every weekend or when something inspires you to?