Register Now
Kane99

Three New Xbox Series X|S Consoles Coming

Check it out, it looks like Xbox is bringing out three new Xbox Series X|S consoles. Those consoles being, a new Series X special edition with 2TB SSD, a Series X that's all digital but only boasts a 1TB SSD and a new Series S with a 1TB SSD. So no handheld like some rumors were saying. 

What do you think? Do you see yourself picking any of these up? Or will you just end up getting a previous model for cheaper? I'm sure prices will start to drop a little more when these models drop. These new console versions will come out this holiday season. 

The Series X with the disc drive looks awesome! I already have the Series S though, and I still have my Xbox One S for my disc based games so there's no reason for me to buy the Series X. I do think it's dumb that the Series X with the disc drive has the bigger SSD, doesn't make sense.

On 6/10/2024 at 11:53 AM, Shagger said:

I don't get it, why equip the console with the disk drive with the larger SSD and leave the all-digital version with the smaller SSD?  Wouldn't common sense dictate it be the other way round?

I agree. Then again, Common sense seem to be absent from major gaming company's decisions nowadays. I mean, Bethesda just announced a Starfield quest which cost $7. I'm still in disbelief that anyone would be this stupid. Most people aren't going to pay for that.

I absolutely love these consoles and love that they are releasing more options for gamers to choose from. The Series X in white and the other one (can't remember the name) I do like the look of. 

I have yet to upgrade to either a Series S or X so this may be something I look into when they release later this year.