Register Now
killamch89

Do You Prefer Your Food Slightly Burnt or Slightly Raw?

When it comes to cooking, preferences vary widely. Some people love the slightly charred taste of food that's a bit overcooked, while others enjoy the texture and flavor of food that's a little underdone. Which camp are you in? Do you have specific foods you prefer one way or the other? Let's discuss!

I have a fear of eating any kind of meat that is either still raw or slightly raw, the thought of rare steak is something I have never been able to get behind even though some people seem to love it. 

I would much rather have my food slightly burnt than slightly raw. 

On 6/23/2024 at 12:24 PM, Shortie said:

I have a fear of eating any kind of meat that is either still raw or slightly raw, the thought of rare steak is something I have never been able to get behind even though some people seem to love it. 

I would much rather have my food slightly burnt than slightly raw. 

Same here. I much rather my meat overcooked if anything. I've never been a fan of consuming raw meat - not even Sushi. 

It depends on hte food!  

Sushi - I'm okay with raw (like salmon or tuna toro)

Hamburgers - I'm okay with slightly undercooked

But for most foods, thoroughly cooked 🙂  

On 7/7/2024 at 8:30 AM, Knight Barida said:

I always want a properly cooked food. I don't even think that I can deal with eating food that is not cooked the way that I want at all as it doesn't make me feel quite good.

I totally agree - if it's a bit overcooked, I can live with that. Undercooked food is a no-go in my opinion whether slightly or outright uncooked. Our ancestors used fire to properly cook their food and they never had access to stoves and all those other appliances. Why would I be eating things like meat raw?

Well with cheeseburgers it has to be medium rare or rare. I can't do anything other than that.

With bacon, I don't care if you have to burn it black, but it has to be crispy.

Poultry, fully cooked all the way through. I ain't chancing no goddam salmonella.

With shrimp, I don't care. Just give it to me. I absolutely LOVE shrimp. Shrimp sushi is to die for!

So for me it varies wildly based on the kind of meat it is.