Register Now
The Blackangel

Got my ass kicked by my baby bearded dragon

So I’ve been laid up for the past week and a half because of my dragon. @Rain Dew and I were bringing in a new terrarium when I got hurt. I have a wooden ramp at my front door so that I can come and go through that door. I didn’t know that the ramp got slicker than ice with just a little bit of rain. I put my foot on the ramp to start going in the door, and my feet flew out from under me and I landed hard on my back on the concrete. The tank landed on my leg, so it wasn’t damaged. We went to the ER a couple days later because breathing hurt like hell, and I found out that my left lung is bruised which is causing me pain that I could never have imagined. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy, and coming from me, that’s really saying something. It’s also caused me flu-like symptoms as well. I’m not sleeping, because I have to sleep sitting up. Moving any joint other then just my fingers makes me scream. I had hiccups earlier and they were so painful that I was contemplating suicide. I’ve broken bones in the past and not known it for more than a week.

This pain is almost more than I can handle.

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

No clue. As long as a bruise anywhere else I guess. After all this shit passes, I’m gonna begin putting spikes on the soles of all my shoes to try to avoid this happening again.

Sounds like a solid plan. Maybe you could try getting some non-slip material on the ramp to help prevent that as well.

I am so sorry to hear about this. You can never be too careful when it comes to certain things, I have done it many times as I would imagine others have as well where I have assumed that I would be safe stepping on something and the next moment, you realize you weren't. 

I do hope you are feeling much better soon @The Blackangel