Register Now
Cpvr

PS5 players will soon be able to join Discord voice chat directly from their console

In recent years, we’ve partnered with Discord to introduce more ways for players to connect with their friends and communities across Discord and the PS5 console. Since we first introduced Discord voice chat on PS5, players have joined a Discord voice chat on PS5 more than 290 million times to hang out with friends in Discord voice channels while gaming.

Today, we’re pleased to share that we’re starting to roll out the ability for PS5 players to join Discord voice chat directly from the PS5 console, without relying on the Discord PC or mobile apps to initiate the connection.

Source: https://x.com/playstation/status/1801177882372260241?s=46&t=-3RfDsz97MxZ3hqF7LFYiQ

This is a nice new feature. I can communicate with people who play on PS5 exclusively through Discord on my PC. It makes cross-platform communication easier & more convenient, especially for those without a PC.

Posted (edited)

This is a good news and I've actually been waiting for this feature for so long . So, it’ll make be easier to actually coordinate with my friends who only play on the console. 

Edited by Lens

This is definitely a game-changer. I love that fact that I can join the Discord voice chat directly from the PS5 console. This will make connections with friends a lot more easier. 

We’ve all been waiting for this update and I'm very thrilled to see it happening. This will definitely streamline the process and make it even more convenient for the players. 

4 hours ago, Button said:

This is definitely a game-changer. I love that fact that I can join the Discord voice chat directly from the PS5 console. This will make connections with friends a lot more easier. 

That’s awesome! Are there any specific features or improvements to the Discord integration that we should be aware of? Also, how does the performance compare to using the PC or mobile apps?